• 219(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
ice man are you running emulated windows games or games that are recent
(2013-03-27, 06:20)seanbaker Wrote: ice man are you running emulated windows games or games that are recent

i dont know if starcraft 2 is an emulated windows game... =) what are emulated windows game anyway?
what windows game i have is strarcraft2, hitman absolution, need for speed... something on that levels
my bad let me be more specific what emulator are you running for your windows based games and dont say windows lol

sorry late post

an emulator is hardware or software or both that duplicates the functions of a console ie (super nintendo) to another computer system ie (windows)
your problem may be that the command line may not be built to run the loader that comes with todays games ........(i hope im close to being right on that)

*the command line that comes with rom collection browser that is
(2013-03-27, 06:25)seanbaker Wrote: my bad let me be more specific what emulator are you running for your windows based games and dont say windows lol

sorry late post

i dont know what you mean but
i only have 1 emulator on my machine... i use jnes. and my other games are window based (you know the .exe ones you install)

when i emulate it on RBC i use "windows" coz there is another option "windows 3.x" and i cant get that to work also. i followed the guide on the first post i did and nothing happened.

i hope i answered your question right
windows is the right selection unless your about to go back in time with windows 3.x

when selecting your games make sure you select the correct file path....not a shortcut. ie. c:/Windows/bla/bla/starcraft.exe

im sorry i cant help you more but let me no how i goes Smile
(2013-03-27, 06:45)seanbaker Wrote: windows is the right selection unless your about to go back in time with windows 3.x

when selecting your games make sure you select the correct file path....not a shortcut. ie. c:/Windows/bla/bla/starcraft.exe

im sorry i cant help you more but let me no how i goes Smile

but according to malte: (he wrote)

Adding Windows games should be quite easy:

- create a folder with shortcuts to your standalone games (e.g. lnk-files)
- use "Windows" as System
- select the path to your shortcuts, the file mask (e.g. *.lnk) and the folder to store the artwork
- thats all (RCB will just use "%ROM%" as emu cmd and leaves the emu params blank and directly launches the lnk file)

and thats what i did... coz if i would do the .exe.... they are not on the same folder if im going to add multiple game. i hope im making sense
my bad i think im making matters worse malte is correct. im just starting up my pc up now
seems to work for me.... heres what i did

created new folder named it (windows games)

now i need to put a game launcher in there so

go to C:/Program Files/Starcraft/Starcaftlauncher.exe

now copy that file and place it in your newly created (windows games) folder

open up xbmc go to RCB using the keyboard press the C key a menu should appear go to Edit Rom Collection. Now select windows from the Rom collection and change the Rom path to you newly created file (windows games)

Make sure the Rom file mask is (*.exe) without the ()

once thats all done hit the save config button

press C key one more time click import games. change the Rom collection to windows and click import games

That worked for me i hope that helps
(2013-03-27, 07:13)seanbaker Wrote: seems to work for me.... heres what i did

created new folder named it (windows games)

now i need to put a game launcher in there so

go to C:/Program Files/Starcraft/Starcaftlauncher.exe

now copy that file and place it in your newly created (windows games) folder

open up xbmc go to RCB using the keyboard press the C key a menu should appear go to Edit Rom Collection. Now select windows from the Rom collection and change the Rom path to you newly created file (windows games)

Make sure the Rom file mask is (*.exe) without the ()

once thats all done hit the save config button

press C key one more time click import games. change the Rom collection to windows and click import games

That worked for me i hope that helps

still not working for me.... now even my jnes emulator is doing the same... its not launching =(
ill try to reinstall the RCB
huzz456 Wrote:I just use this to run origin and steam games. The new version closes xbmc down cleanly in solo mode which is great but doesn't restart xbmc once the game is closed. Anyway to fix the?. Many thanks!
What does it do exactly? Do you get the CApplication error? If so, you could try to use the latest RCB version from the website and enable "Use VB script" option to launch your games in solo mode. Otherwise you should go more into detail about your issue.

huzz456 Wrote:Also, when I enter the rom collection browser it seems to go to an empty list view for a second before displaying the view I've chosen which at the mo is info wall. It's a small problem but slightly annoying to the look and feel of xbmc. Any ideas?
Hmm, I don't think so. XBMC changed the behaviour of loading lists since Eden. I could try to set the viewtype before loading the list but I have in mind that I already tried this and it did not work.

Dondi Wrote:I got a ReDump ROM set that is .7z with a single .iso inside. Looks like RCB is having issues unzipping it to the tmp folder (I think). The .iso never makes it to the tmp folder... memory issues??
Yes, it is a memory error.
Code:
File "C:\Users\Dondi\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\platform_libraries\win32\py7zlib.py", line 534, in _read_from_decompressor
    tmp = decompressor.decompress(data, remaining)
    MemoryError
How much memory do you have and how large are the files? I have no idea if I can optimize the decompressing part. I have to check.

seanbaker Wrote:Any ideas why i cant change game platforms from the drop menu. All the games are visible just cant select one platform to view. I also find the drop menu to be a bit glitchy ie it keeps jumping up on me or it wont drop at all lol
What version of XBMC and RCB and what skin are you using?

iceman600 Wrote:im having problems launching window based games.... i tried using this one and it did not launch the game... xbmc goes to windowed mode for a second and went back to full screen... nothing happened. =(
can someone point me to the right direction on how to do this. mucn appreciated... thanks a lot
Can you show me a log file after trying to load a game?
(2013-03-27, 13:41)malte Wrote:
Dondi Wrote:I got a ReDump ROM set that is .7z with a single .iso inside. Looks like RCB is having issues unzipping it to the tmp folder (I think). The .iso never makes it to the tmp folder... memory issues??
Yes, it is a memory error.
Code:
File "C:\Users\Dondi\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\platform_libraries\win32\py7zlib.py", line 534, in _read_from_decompressor
    tmp = decompressor.decompress(data, remaining)
    MemoryError
How much memory do you have and how large are the files? I have no idea if I can optimize the decompressing part. I have to check.

The machine has 16GB RAM (signature Smile). The Gamecube stuff is coming in at around 900MB - 1.3GB per ROM

Should I just manually unzip each ROM (each .7z has a single .iso)?
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
(2013-03-27, 13:41)malte Wrote: [quote=huzz456]
I just use this to run origin and steam games. The new version closes xbmc down cleanly in solo mode which is great but doesn't restart xbmc once the game is closed. Anyway to fix the?. Many thanks!
What does it do exactly? Do you get the CApplication error? If so, you could try to use the latest RCB version from the website and enable "Use VB script" option to launch your games in solo mode. Otherwise you should go more into detail about your issue.

No i dont get the capplication error. The order of events is - xbmc closes, a command window opens and goes through some script then closes and the game launches. The only problem is that when i close the game xbmc doesnt start again. Its the same with both steam and origin games. Here's my log which i tried having vb script both on then off in. Where xbmc restarts is me doing it manually.

http://pastebin.com/GpBVRMsr

Many thanks for looking into it for me, i can see your a busy man! Big Grin
seanbaker Wrote:Any ideas why i cant change game platforms from the drop menu. All the games are visible just cant select one platform to view. I also find the drop menu to be a bit glitchy ie it keeps jumping up on me or it wont drop at all lol

What version of XBMC and RCB and what skin are you using?

windows 7 sp1
frodo 12.1
RCB 2.0.0
Confluence 2.1.4 xbmc default or Aeon nox 4.0

log files if that helps http://pastebin.com/Qw2JqZHP

your help would be valuable thankyou
New test version available: 2.0.5

List of changes:

General
  • added RCB to new "Game Add-ons" category in RetroPlayer branch
  • use xbmcvfs for file operations (better smb support and other improvements)
  • explicitly check for unicode characters when creating config.xml

Launch Games
  • bugfix: launch game did not work from gameinfo screen
  • bugfix: issues with os.chdir in solo mode
  • always save viewstate before launching games

Most important change in this release is the switch to xbmcvfs for most file operations. This should help with some basic issues like smb support and has some other benefits. There have been a lot of changes in the code related to game import. I tested as much as possible but be aware of little hickups that I might have overseen.

I also provide a repo for RCB updates now. If you want to be up to date with RCB releases without monitoring this thread you can just grab and install the repo from here: link. I am new to this repo stuff but I hope everything works as expected.

Note: with this release you still have to grab and install RCB Service 1.0.0 manually.

Previous version: 2.0.3
Edit: NEVERMIND! updating to 2.0.5 and using the VBscripts fixed my issue. Thanks!

I was wondering if someone could help me with an issue I'm having. I set up Rom Collection Browser with some native windows games from the Humble Bundle. I can launch the game fine and the games work completely. However, I need to use solo mode in order for there to be sound in the game (video doesn't play smoothly with Directsound and the computer never sleeps with Directsound enabled). When I exit from a game that uses solo mode I get a dialog box that says "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting." My only choice is to hit okay which kills XBMC. For reference, I'm on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and I'm running XBMC 12.1. I've also tried to fix this issue by updating to RCB 2.0.3 but it generates the same error.

It seems that the autolaunch batch script can't start xbmc for some reason. Hopefully someone can help me. If you need more information, let me know what I can do to help!
  • 219(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20