• 273(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Komerad Wrote:When I lauch a rom with retroarch-phoenix it works.
When I then go back to xbmc it does not launch anymore.
As a start you should change you emuparams from
Code:
-f -L /usr/lib/libretro-genesisplusgx.so %ROM%
to
Code:
-f -L /usr/lib/libretro-genesisplusgx.so "%ROM%"
"" around %ROM%

joebloggs12 Wrote:it starts gets to about 3% and never progresses any further
In this case you should see an error in the log file. Please post a log file here if you can reproduce this issue.

joebloggs12 Wrote:im new to xmbc so if you need me to check any log files please let me know where they are
See here

joebloggs12 Wrote:ok after trying different things,I've figured if I change the default skin in xbmc it starts working but very slowly (probably 30 minutes for 54 games)
The scraper is not very fast at all as it tries to scrape from different sites. And downloading artwork may also take some time. The archive.vg scraper is broken atm, so you could set this one to "None". To use the mobygames scraper you should update to latest RCB test version as there have been some changes on the site since I released the last version to the XBMC repo.
I am new to XBMC and Rom Collection Browser. I am running an Intel Nuc with Windows 8. When I launch a game it works just fine. The issue I am having is that when I close down the emulator to go back to XBMC it is no longer Full screen and I have to hit alt-enter to go full screen. Doesn't seem to be a big issue but I am trying to get this thing to a point where I dont need the keyboard. (and very easy for the wife to use)

Thanks
Thanks Malte this worked.
(2014-04-14, 17:28)Nick.IA Wrote: I am new to XBMC and Rom Collection Browser. I am running an Intel Nuc with Windows 8. When I launch a game it works just fine. The issue I am having is that when I close down the emulator to go back to XBMC it is no longer Full screen and I have to hit alt-enter to go full screen. Doesn't seem to be a big issue but I am trying to get this thing to a point where I dont need the keyboard. (and very easy for the wife to use)

Thanks

Use 'solo mode' (which quits xbmc when running the emulator) and add the option to always start xbmc in fullscreen in advancedsettings.xml.
(2014-04-14, 21:29)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 17:28)Nick.IA Wrote: I am new to XBMC and Rom Collection Browser. I am running an Intel Nuc with Windows 8. When I launch a game it works just fine. The issue I am having is that when I close down the emulator to go back to XBMC it is no longer Full screen and I have to hit alt-enter to go full screen. Doesn't seem to be a big issue but I am trying to get this thing to a point where I dont need the keyboard. (and very easy for the wife to use)

Thanks

Use 'solo mode' (which quits xbmc when running the emulator) and add the option to always start xbmc in fullscreen in advancedsettings.xml.

Or you could try to increase the pre and post launch delay in addon settings. Maybe this also helps to solve the issue.
malte:

In regards to the "&&" I figured a solution using precmd but obviously needs the same changes as before ( same issue with encode settings )

Once that is done then the root command ( as long as you have a rooted device ) will work.

For reference:

Code:
<emulatorCmd>/system/bin/su</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>-c 'am start --user 0 -S -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.PlayMenuActivity'</emulatorParams>
<preCmd>"/system/bin/am" start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"</preCmd>

Would you be able to fix it so precmd also works? ( and maybe add a precmd variable to the autoconfig? )
(2014-04-16, 23:25)IncognitoMan Wrote: malte:

In regards to the "&&" I figured a solution using precmd but obviously needs the same changes as before ( same issue with encode settings )

Once that is done then the root command ( as long as you have a rooted device ) will work.

For reference:

Code:
<emulatorParams>-c 'am start --user 0 -S -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.PlayMenuActivity'</emulatorParams>
<preCmd>"/system/bin/am" start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"</preCmd>

Would you be able to fix it so precmd also works? ( and maybe add a precmd variable to the autoconfig? )
Oh sorry, I forgot that you also reported this issue. I had a discussion about it with another user and we solved it by using "&amp;&amp;" instead of "&&" in the config.xml file. Maybe you could try if this works for you too? Anyway, I will make sure that the encoding works for pre and post command but maybe I can skip adding it to the autoconfig file.
(2014-04-17, 09:31)malte Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 23:25)IncognitoMan Wrote: malte:

For reference:

Code:

Oh sorry, I forgot that you also reported this issue. I had a discussion about it with another user and we solved it by using "&amp;&amp;" instead of "&&" in the config.xml file. Maybe you could try if this works for you too? Anyway, I will make sure that the encoding works for pre and post command but maybe I can skip adding it to the autoconfig file.

Ahh that does indeed work.

I should have a "complete" updated autoconfig for you soon ( implying I actually get time to finish it >_> )... it's more standard android oriented than ouya oriented this time.
Any update on the archive.vg scraper issues? When I scrape with it on I get invalid images and no info- when I scrape with it off I get info an no images... Sad
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

What I would like to do is create a number of shortcuts for Steam that start xbmc on 'Movies' or 'Games' or even subdirectories or locations found in programs like Advanced Launcher.

An example of this: 'Playstation 1' or 'Nintendo Entertainment System' since those are both subdirectories in Advanced Launcher

Just an idea I came up with while finishing up my setup. All help is appreciated.
(2014-04-15, 07:12)malte Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 21:29)teeedubb Wrote:

Thanks

Or you could try to increase the pre and post launch delay in addon settings. Maybe this also helps to solve the issue.

Had the same problem add to that that the usb keyboard and audio stop working too.
Solo mode : games don't launch anymore :
Code:
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launchEmu
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with id: 2501
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launcher.launchEmu
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewState
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewMode
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewMode
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin helper.saveViewState
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End helper.saveViewState
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewState
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: files for current game: [(u'/home/komerad/Downloads/SNES/ACME Animation Factory (U).smc',)]
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launcher.buildCmd
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuCommandLine: /usr/bin/retroarch
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: preCmdLine:
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postCmdLine:
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Getting Multiple Disc Parameter
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuParams: -f -L /usr/lib/libretro-snes9xnext.so "%ROM%"
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: rom: /home/komerad/Downloads/SNES/ACME Animation Factory (U).smc
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No precmd created.
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No postcmd created.
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: copyLauncherScriptsToUserdata
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: new path = /home/komerad/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/scriptfiles/applaunch.sh
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: /home/komerad/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/scriptfiles/applaunch.sh "/usr/bin/retroarch" -f -L /usr/lib/libretro-snes9xnext.so "/home/komerad/Downloads/SNES/ACME Animation Factory (U).smc"
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: precmd:
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postcmd:
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
09:17:11 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 7
09:17:12 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu done
09:17:13 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launcher.launchEmu
09:17:13 T:2609867584  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launchEmu

Adding :
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen> to advancedsettings.xml did it. Thx!

Still strugling with the audio now. When I exit rcb the audio is gone (not that i have any sound in retroarch, what worked on previous installs doesnt work anymore now.)
I have to go to system and select the audio again. (It shows the correct audio but i need to reselect it in ui for it to start working again.)

Since, changing alsa.conf, asound, retroarch.cfg does not help this time :

Code:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: VT2020 Analog [VT2020 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: VT2020 Digital [VT2020 Digital]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: VT2020 HP [VT2020 HP]
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Is there 1 thing that works on all systems (xbmcbuntu) just by knowing this? (hw:1,3)
Code:
aplay -Dplughw:1,3 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
Isn't exacly giving sound neither. (On no device at all!)
i do get xbmc and media sound perfectly.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=79203c...e051de1b8f
(2014-04-14, 07:26)malte Wrote:
Komerad Wrote:When I lauch a rom with retroarch-phoenix it works.
When I then go back to xbmc it does not launch anymore.
As a start you should change you emuparams from
Code:
-f -L /usr/lib/libretro-genesisplusgx.so %ROM%
to
Code:
-f -L /usr/lib/libretro-genesisplusgx.so "%ROM%"
"" around %ROM%

joebloggs12 Wrote:it starts gets to about 3% and never progresses any further
In this case you should see an error in the log file. Please post a log file here if you can reproduce this issue.

joebloggs12 Wrote:im new to xmbc so if you need me to check any log files please let me know where they are
See here

joebloggs12 Wrote:ok after trying different things,I've figured if I change the default skin in xbmc it starts working but very slowly (probably 30 minutes for 54 games)
The scraper is not very fast at all as it tries to scrape from different sites. And downloading artwork may also take some time. The archive.vg scraper is broken atm, so you could set this one to "None". To use the mobygames scraper you should update to latest RCB test version as there have been some changes on the site since I released the last version to the XBMC repo.

thank you for your response , im getting there now with more success , one thing I cant figure now is I have one game where the info stays blank even though ive manually added it to the nfo file , does rcb store this in another place as well as the nfo files
I have the nfo's inside my games folder all seem ok when I manually edit them except this one, ive tried recreating a new one for it by rescraping the game but still the problem persists.

can I update to the latest rcb without losing my setup from version 2.10

thanks again for your reply
Sound works after screwing around all afternoon. Had some side effects but those are gone too now.
Hop it stay's stable. No real clue what exactly fixed it.

EDIT :

Doing a differet system now. Same problem with the sound. Got through same stuff but no succes on there.
Why is this part so arbitrary Sad
new dilemma. im sure its a setting I have wrong, what I need is to be able to add artwork and vids after I have imported the games.
it wont seem to add anything.
I am intentionally scraping with maws scraper even though I know it wont find any art work or info for the games.
it just gives me a games list fast, but now I need to be able to add my artwork
any ideas

**EDIT**

after starting from scratch several times it always seems to findo some artwork that isn't from my collection, its not scraping online im using local artwork with media mask %GAME%.*

if I could figure how to sort this problem , everything else works fine. just box art and vids wont import from local library
does anyone know what will batch convert to jpeg that is compatible with rcb

first problem was photoshop jpegs was not compatible , just got to figure why vids don't play now
I'm having what seems to be a simple issue of changing the view from a vertical list to anything else... The view menu at the bottom of the screen as per https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...hangeViews isn't visible, and there doesn't seem to be any way throughout the menu system to change the view from vertical list to horizontal or otherwise...

What am i doing wrong here?!
  • 273(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20