• 275(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2014-04-23, 12:09)BirdWorldOrder Wrote: When I try to do something in the context menu (i.e. Edit rom collection, import, rescrape, clean database) about 80% of the time it freezes my system and I have to hard reset the pc.
I just restarted the pc nearly 10 times just so I could import a handful of gba roms.
This is on Ubuntu 13.04, running Xbmc frodo.

Please tell me this is a known problem, and that there is a way to fix it : )

Also, aside from the above issue and some scraping problems, this is great. For months I couldn't get advanced launcher to do anything with my emulators, but RCB launched every game first time. Thanks for that.
Sorry, not really a known issue. Can you show me a log file after this happened? Maybe I can see any relevant errors.
(2013-07-07, 22:18)tranceology3 Wrote: Xpadder just remaps your controller buttons to keyboard buttons. For example I use an xbox 360 wirless controller to play all my emulators. While using Xpadder, it just sits in the background, it will switch an Xpadder profile for me when it senses an emulator opens up. So for example im in Xbmc, and click on a SNES game, it will launch my snes emulator and Xpadder will swtich to my SNES profile. Then I have only 1 button my Xbox controller mapped, and that is to hold the back button for 3 seconds to exit the emulator, at 3 seconds it hits Alt+F4. So in your situation, I could map my L shoulder, and R shoulder buttons to be save states, or load states. Just map whatever hotkey the emulator uses for save and load states. When I exit the emulator, Xbmc loads back up, and my Xpadder switches to my Xbmc profile, so I no longer have to worry about those buttons I assigned to SNES. I do this for every emulator I have, and can make infinite numbers of profiles designed for each emulator.

Sorry is this has been answered already but do you know if it's possible to do this with Xpadder?

I want to trigger a hotkey(s) when I press and hold L & R on my 360 gamepad for x amount of seconds.
For instance, if I hold down L & R for 2 seconds I want that to trigger the key "Esc".
Another question, how do you configure Xpadder to autoswitch profiles based on active programs, are you using eventghost or can Xpadder do that by itself?

Cheers!
New test version available: 2.0.14

List of changes:

General
  • Add autoconfig support for Android

This release adds autoconfig support for Android. As described in the last release post, configuring emulators on Android may be a bit tricky as you have to enter very long lines for the emu params. With this release RCB will check if it already knows the correct emulators and params for the chosen platform. It will also check if there are any emulators already installed on your Android device.

Note: Atm this mechanism will only be used while adding new Rom Collections. It will not work while editing existing collections.

All emulators and params are stored in a file called emu_autoconfig.xml. This file will be copied to RCBs userdata directory on first use. If you want to make any changes to this file, you should do it there. You can also copy this file to any other place on your device and tell RCB where to find it via addon settings.

When launching games the emulator and params are still read from config.xml. Again, this new autoconfig option will only help you to get the correct information written to your config.xml file. In a later relase I will also add this autoconfig option to the Edit Rom Collection part of the program. But right now you can only use it while adding new Rom Collections.

Previous version: 2.0.13
(2014-04-25, 00:00)e2zippo Wrote: Sorry is this has been answered already but do you know if it's possible to do this with Xpadder?

I want to trigger a hotkey(s) when I press and hold L & R on my 360 gamepad for x amount of seconds.
For instance, if I hold down L & R for 2 seconds I want that to trigger the key "Esc".
Another question, how do you configure Xpadder to autoswitch profiles based on active programs, are you using eventghost or can Xpadder do that by itself?

Cheers!

RoM-Jacket has profiles for all the major emulators. It can setup p1 & p2 for default keyboard keys or dinput/xinput and has a universal setup for save/load state, quit, rewind etc...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/413403/index.html

to answer your question, xpadder has feature called "select set" which will allow you to do these things.
(2014-04-25, 18:53)sudopinion Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 00:00)e2zippo Wrote: Sorry is this has been answered already but do you know if it's possible to do this with Xpadder?

Cheers!

RoM-Jacket has profiles for all the major emulators. It can setup p1 & p2 for default keyboard keys or dinput/xinput and has a universal setup for save/load state, quit, rewind etc...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/413403/index.html

to answer your question, xpadder has feature called "select set" which will allow you to do these things.

Thanks! I actually tried that, but I couldn't get it working. I don't want to hog this thread as this is not RCB related, could you maybe help me get it working though? Cheers!
Has anyone tried using Dual Shock 4's with Linux through Bluetooth yet? I'm interested in peoples' experiences.
Hoping for some help setting up RCB. I'm using the latest version of Retroarch for Openelec and Rom Collection Browser.

When i attempt to launch a game i can see the screen change resolution briefly before returning to normal and back to the game browser

i have the following in my log file

Code:
06:21:24 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: "/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh" snes9x_next "smb://192.168.1.100/ROMs/SNES/test/Donkey Kong Country (USA)/Donkey Kong Country (USA).sfc"
06:21:24 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: precmd:
06:21:24 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postcmd:
06:21:24 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
06:21:24 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: screenMode: 1280x720@ 50.00 - Full Screen
06:21:24 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Windowed mode
06:21:24 T:140602649958144   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)
06:21:24 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
06:21:25 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 7
06:21:25 T:140602649958144  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu done

the only other thing which might give a clue is the following

Code:
05:57:22 T:140601592903424  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: XBMC version: Assuming we are on Eden
05:57:22 T:140601592903424  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Init Rom Collection Browser: /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser
05:57:22 T:140601592903424  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: RCB version: 2.0.10

I'm curious about the above code as i have tested RCB using Frodo (Openelec v3.2.4) and Gotham (Openelec v3.95.6)
Hey malte, or anyone else for that matter Smile

I've gotten just about everything to work now, however, the final piece is missing.
I'm using Retroarch as my main emulator, and I'm using different configs per core (input, shaders), would anyone know how the "Emulator Params" would look if I want to pass on a specific config file depending on the emulator core used?

I'm using this right now, but that only loads the default config (retroarch.cfg)

Code:
-f -L E:\Spel\Emulation\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll "%rom%"

Reading Retroarch documentation it says "To override this, use retroarch --config customconfig.cfg"
How would the Emu Params looks if I wanted to insert snes9x_next_libretro.cfg for instance?

Anyone using Retroarch with RCB that could help me out?

Cheers!

Never mind: i figured it out with some trial and error.

Code:
-f -c snes9x_next_libretro.cfg -L  E:\Spel\Emulation\Retroarch\cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll  "%rom%"
Hey fellas,

I don't know if you can have custom console images in RCB?, but I made a few sets of console icons for use with Gamebrowser. Anyway here's the link to my site where you can get them. Hope someone can use them. Smile

http://shaefurr.wix.com/mb3fanart
I'm having issues with XBMCBuntu, rom collection browser, and the screensaver. I'm having XBMC minimize on emulator launch, because without it XBMC seems to just stay ontop. This all works fine, I launch the emu, XBMC minimizes, exit the emu, XBMC returns to full screen focus. But ONLY if the screen saver hasn't initialized. If XBMC has kicked in it's screensaver, instead of going full screen again, it instead just stops the screensaver but remains minimized to the the top right corner. I suspect that the function to return to full screen is ONLY disabling the screen saver, XBMC takes that command and ignores it except for using it to wake from screensaver. Is there any way to get Rom Collection Browser to send something to wake from screen saver and THEN return to full screen? Or to suspend the screensaver while the emu is running?
Hello all,

Thanks for all of your help. I've got XBMC running all of my emulators correctly now, thanks to some of you in this forum!

One last problem though...

When adding my MAME roms to RCB, it's adding all of the BIOS roms as well (over 25), making the collection ugly & difficult to navigate

Is there a way of either hiding the BIOS roms from RCB scraper OR telling Retroarch to load BIOS files from a different directory?

Hope you can help!

Thanks

Paul
Yesturday we played metalslug3 (mame). Today it does not work anymore, loads and poofs me back to rcb.
This morning we played double dragon. Now it loads and poofs me back to rcb.

Is there anything known that makes these roms playable only once? Or corrupts them somehow?
(2014-05-02, 17:18)Komerad Wrote: Yesturday we played metalslug3 (mame). Today it does not work anymore, loads and poofs me back to rcb.
This morning we played double dragon. Now it loads and poofs me back to rcb.

Is there anything known that makes these roms playable only once? Or corrupts them somehow?

are they unzipping maybe?
No they are not.
I also deleted the $HOME/.mame hoping to "reset" to fresh but did not help neither.

I discovered that xbmcbuntu had an older mame. Might be why i could some games only one. (no clue but hey.)
So I installed from > ppa:c.falco/mame
0.152 now.
Now none of the games start. They all poof me back to rcb.
In xbmcbuntu xterm > mame does load the mame screen, shows the games but upon loading any game : segmentation fault core-dumped (cant compare to earlier as i did not test it as i had no problems.)
Gnome video arcade works perfect.

So mame is working. But picky somewhere somehow.
(2014-04-24, 09:37)malte Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 12:09)BirdWorldOrder Wrote: When I try to do something in the context menu (i.e. Edit rom collection, import, rescrape, clean database) about 80% of the time it freezes my system and I have to hard reset the pc.
I just restarted the pc nearly 10 times just so I could import a handful of gba roms.
This is on Ubuntu 13.04, running Xbmc frodo.

Please tell me this is a known problem, and that there is a way to fix it : )

Also, aside from the above issue and some scraping problems, this is great. For months I couldn't get advanced launcher to do anything with my emulators, but RCB launched every game first time. Thanks for that.
Sorry, not really a known issue. Can you show me a log file after this happened? Maybe I can see any relevant errors.

So this time it froze as the ROM list was loading. I uploaded the log as the instructions on the wiki:
xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=191851

I also am having an artwork problem. There are some games that RCB doesn't seem to scrape any artwork, or that I don't like the artwork it scrapes (such as Sonic 1,2 and 3 having fanart from Sonic 4).
So I found my own artwork to use and placed these in the appropriate directories. But it doesn't use them. How can I get RCB to use my local artwork?

Thanks for your help.
  • 275(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20