[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 4.82 Average
Zacharybinx34 Offline
Any idea why scrapers keep giving me corrupted image files?
find quote
ricardo85x Offline
(2014-09-19 18:06)malte Wrote:  Found some time again to answer the latest requests.

ricardo85x Wrote:Hi

I can't find the option to add Final Burn Alpha(FBA) games.

I am using the the android and the Mac OS build.

thanks
Yes, thats right. The last time I checked for it the online sites that I use to scrape did not list FBA as separate system. So I did not add it in RCB. I could do so but there will be no online scraping for these games.

I think finalburn use the same filename as mame. So we can use the manual mode like mame to get preview and info.
I would like finalburn because there are some games like street fighter 3th, that only play well on finalburn
find quote
chiel-s Offline
Hi everyone,

I am running RCB 2.0.17 on OpenElec 4.0.7 in combination with RetroArch. Somehow I cannot run any ROM from the XBMC GUI using RCB. When I launch a ROM directly from the terminal it works flawless, but running from RCB in XBMC results in a black/blank screen with a cursor in the middle.

I checked the XBMC log and it seems that RCB is adding a ._ before the rom file name when running the command to launch:

Code:
21:01:39 T:140309379925760  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: "/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh" snes9x_next "/storage/emulators/roms/snes/._supermarioworld.smc"

When I remove the ._ from this command and run it directly from SSH, the ROM launches!

Does anyone know where to fix this? What I already did:

- Double checked the executable + parameters
-- /storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh
-- snes9x_next "%ROM%"
- Changed my roms to low characters without spaces
- Checked add-on settings and rom collection settings
- Checked some xml files in the ~/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources folder but no luck yet..

Would be great if someone could help me out!
Thanks advance!

Chiel
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 21:45 by chiel-s.)
find quote
ricardo85x Offline
(Yesterday 21:26)chiel-s Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I am running RCB 2.0.17 on OpenElec 4.0.7 in combination with RetroArch. Somehow I cannot run any ROM from the XBMC GUI using RCB. When I launch a ROM directly from the terminal it works flawless, but running from RCB in XBMC results in a black/blank screen with a cursor in the middle.

I checked the XBMC log and it seems that RCB is adding a ._ before the rom file name when running the command to launch:

Code:
21:01:39 T:140309379925760  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: "/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh" snes9x_next "/storage/emulators/roms/snes/._supermarioworld.smc"

When I remove the ._ from this command and run it directly from SSH, the ROM launches!

Does anyone know where to fix this? What I already did:

- Double checked the executable + parameters
-- /storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh
-- snes9x_next "%ROM%"
- Changed my roms to low characters without spaces
- Checked add-on settings and rom collection settings
- Checked some xml files in the ~/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources folder but no luck yet..

Would be great if someone could help me out!
Thanks advance!

Chiel

hi

are you using mac os x?

._ is a hidden file.

you could delete all the hidden files with this command:

find /storage/emulators/roms/ -type f -name "._*" -delete
find quote