• 291(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Any idea why scrapers keep giving me corrupted image files?
(2014-09-19, 18:06)malte Wrote: Found some time again to answer the latest requests.

ricardo85x Wrote:Hi

I can't find the option to add Final Burn Alpha(FBA) games.

I am using the the android and the Mac OS build.

thanks
Yes, thats right. The last time I checked for it the online sites that I use to scrape did not list FBA as separate system. So I did not add it in RCB. I could do so but there will be no online scraping for these games.

I think finalburn use the same filename as mame. So we can use the manual mode like mame to get preview and info.
I would like finalburn because there are some games like street fighter 3th, that only play well on finalburn
Hi everyone,

I am running RCB 2.0.17 on OpenElec 4.0.7 in combination with RetroArch. Somehow I cannot run any ROM from the XBMC GUI using RCB. When I launch a ROM directly from the terminal it works flawless, but running from RCB in XBMC results in a black/blank screen with a cursor in the middle.

I checked the XBMC log and it seems that RCB is adding a ._ before the rom file name when running the command to launch:

Code:
21:01:39 T:140309379925760  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: "/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh" snes9x_next "/storage/emulators/roms/snes/._supermarioworld.smc"

When I remove the ._ from this command and run it directly from SSH, the ROM launches!

Does anyone know where to fix this? What I already did:

- Double checked the executable + parameters
-- /storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh
-- snes9x_next "%ROM%"
- Changed my roms to low characters without spaces
- Checked add-on settings and rom collection settings
- Checked some xml files in the ~/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources folder but no luck yet..

Would be great if someone could help me out!
Thanks advance!

Chiel
(2014-09-23, 21:26)chiel-s Wrote: Hi everyone,

I am running RCB 2.0.17 on OpenElec 4.0.7 in combination with RetroArch. Somehow I cannot run any ROM from the XBMC GUI using RCB. When I launch a ROM directly from the terminal it works flawless, but running from RCB in XBMC results in a black/blank screen with a cursor in the middle.

I checked the XBMC log and it seems that RCB is adding a ._ before the rom file name when running the command to launch:

Code:
21:01:39 T:140309379925760  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: "/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh" snes9x_next "/storage/emulators/roms/snes/._supermarioworld.smc"

When I remove the ._ from this command and run it directly from SSH, the ROM launches!

-- snes9x_next "%ROM%"
- Checked some xml files in the ~/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources folder but no luck yet..

Thanks advance!

Chiel

hi

are you using mac os x?

._ is a hidden file.

you could delete all the hidden files with this command:

find /storage/emulators/roms/ -type f -name "._*" -delete
(2014-09-23, 22:35)ricardo85x Wrote:

Code:

-- snes9x_next "%ROM%"

Thanks advance!

Chiel

hi

are you using mac os x?

._ is a hidden file.

Hmm interesting. Yes i copied the roms from OSX to the OpenElec machine. So you mean that RCB will add the hidden files to the library instead of the original rom files? That would be strange. I am going to test it right away when I am back home! Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate that.
Any clue why it refuses to import some games?
(2014-09-19, 18:06)malte Wrote:
axlt2002 Wrote:Hi malte,

So I have played a little bit with export and import of nfo files. What I have noticed seems to be quite strange: when I change the description of the game quite drastically (i.e. completely from english to italian), the edited nfo file is not imported back into the RCB (using the LOCAL NFO scraper); when I edit it partially (i.e. change just few words in the description), it is imported back correctly and the changes are in fact displayed on the screen.

Does the LOCAL NFO parser (or something else) make some check on the nfo file dimension when importing it back?

Please let me know...I'm quite confused!
No, it does not. This can happen when the description contains some characters that RCB cannot handle properly (encoding issues). In this case it will just crash while exporting the nfo and does not write the complete file. This issue is already on my list (for some time as you already have discovered).

Any time prevision for that? Wink
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Hi Malte.

I found a typo on the config.py for android.
we have 'Game Boy Advance' and not 'Game Boy Advanced'.
so when we try to add gba as a new collection, it will not find any emulator.
Anyone able to get PSX games to work? I keep getting the following error.

* !Error: PSX BIOS not found [bios\SCPH7001.BIN].
(2014-09-24, 19:24)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Anyone able to get PSX games to work? I keep getting the following error.

Google it. This isn't app related, this is emulator related. Nobody will provide you with this.
(2014-09-24, 13:10)chiel-s Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 22:35)ricardo85x Wrote:

Code:

-- snes9x_next "%ROM%"

Thanks advance!

Chiel

hi

are you using mac os x?

._ is a hidden file.

Hmm interesting. Yes i copied the roms from OSX to the OpenElec machine. So you mean that RCB will add the hidden files to the library instead of the original rom files? That would be strange. I am going to test it right away when I am back home! Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate that.

Thanks ricardo85x!!! This was it! You are my hero of the week! Smile
Hey guys!

I keep getting an error when i try to launch RCB.
"No module named GUI"
Never had this issue before, im using Aeon MQ5 skin (used this way before with RCB working) and the latest Gotham release. (win8.1)

Hope you can help me to fix this.
(2014-09-24, 21:13)gman3042 Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 19:24)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Anyone able to get PSX games to work? I keep getting the following error.

Google it. This isn't app related, this is emulator related. Nobody will provide you with this.

Is there a different emulator I can use?
Would be cool to have a way to allow select all genre for a system but always the default not to be 'all'

Because some system like sega 32X I like to select all genres, but on MAME it took a lot of time to load all 8K roms.
(2014-09-25, 16:03)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 21:13)gman3042 Wrote:

Is there a different emulator I can use?

I suggest you read up on how emulators work.
  • 291(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20