• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
This is shaping up to become an excellent Rom browser/launcher! I've tested it behind the scenes and I have to say: WOW Smile This together with RessurectionXtras will be "da bomb" when Malte is satisfied with the script! :-)

Been waiting for something like this for XBMC for over a year.. Finally happening Big Grin
www.emuxtras.net | EFnet #EmuXtras
malte Wrote:Hmmm, I don't really like this idea. It will be a lot of work and I don't think that it will be of interest for many users. I would have to look into the zip file during import, store the information which file contains which games and unzip it before launching the game. I will think about it again if there is an easier way to implement it but I don't think this will happen.

There are some emulators that handle zipped games (zsnes for example) but I think it will only work with one game per archive.

The way I would suggest you do it is treat the archive as a single game as far as information storing goes, then delve into it only when it's been selected and present the games inside, using the same info for the zip for the games themselves.
Hi everybody Big Grin

I write here to ask for, if this fantastic XBMC script can be use on xbox with the ResX Xtras ?
Because on xbox there are lots of emulators working fine ......
And all the xtras with XMV videos are almost finished Big Grin

Please respond
darknior Wrote:Hi everybody Big Grin

I write here to ask for, if this fantastic XBMC script can be use on xbox with the ResX Xtras ?
Because on xbox there are lots of emulators working fine ......
And all the xtras with XMV videos are almost finished Big Grin

Please respond

Malte will need to answer that XBOX question Smile

BUT, about the Xtras this script will work with Xtras without having to change anything other than the paths to images/movies etc pr collection. We will have the WMV videos out aswell soon once I'm finished with packing/uploading.

If this works on XBOX aswell we might want madmab to (this is like throwing cursewords inside a churchTongue) strip down the emus to only run the games..?
www.emuxtras.net | EFnet #EmuXtras
wimpy Wrote:Malte will need to answer that XBOX question

I have no idea. Don't own an xbox and can't test it myself. If anybody here would test it and tell us the result it would be great;-)

If there are small changes needed to support xbox I will try to do it but it will be difficult to develop this blind...
I think I am ready with V0.5 now. It seems to be more or less bug free and it provides lots of new features that should be worth to make an update.

You can download it here:
http://romcollectionbrowser.googlecode.c...20V0.5.zip

There is also a new Testdata zip file available:
http://romcollectionbrowser.googlecode.c...20V0.5.zip

And documentation is updated, too:
http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/Main

New features with V0.5:
UI
- new ui design (I tried to do it confluence-like)
- different views of the main page (info, info 2, thumbs)
- configure different images for selected and non-selected items in main list
- show video in main window
- choose to show 1 big or 4 small images in Info and Info 2 view
- better performance while loading game list
- game counter
- display console name

Import
- import images for developer, publisher, console or rom collection
- find game in description file by crc value
- check crc value of files inside a zip archive (1 file per archive only)
- more robust game description parser
- import roms in sub folders
- check config.xml for common errors before importing
- should be xtras compatible now (didn't test it myself but wimpy did a great job;-))

If you are already using V0.4 of this script please have a look at the update documentation in the projects wiki.

Screenshot of Info 2 view:
artwork provided by xtras project

Have fun,
malte
awsome ! ... will play around with it asp .. thanks for your hard work
Hi, i really like your script !! it is the one thing missing on my asrock ion xbmc pc.
BUT i myself and a good friend of mine have the same problem. When i install zsnes, and amigo emu.... when i try to open a rom with your script i get a black screen then a cursor XBMC login:..... both with zsnes and amiga ??!? tried a lot of things... please help me out
jpschouten Wrote:when i try to open a rom with your script i get a black screen then a cursor XBMC login:.....

I would guess you are using xbmc live and this is the initial login screen?

If so, it looks like a problem with launching the emulator via applaunch.sh. RCB uses this applaunch-script that kills xbmc and tries to launch the emulator. It seems that it is able to kill xbmc but not to launch the emu.

You could try to launch your roms without this mechanism: Go to RCBs config.xml and set <useEmuSolo> to "False". You have to "Import Settings" again after doing this. This will launch the emu with XBMC still running in the background.

If you would like to find out whats happening: applaunch.sh should write an error message to stdout. Not sure, if there is a way to find this message somewhere, I am not a linux expert.

I found this thread about launching emus with XBMC live: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73428. It is launcher and Acer Revo related but maybe there are useful hints that will work in your situation.

regards,
malte
Oke so far... when i enable to exit xbmc run emulator and go back to xbmc it fails leaving me with login screen (after exiting xbmc).
When i enable it i get a black screen, typing "/" i get full screen snes with sound and all working. Exiting from the rom ending me up in 1/4 from the screen xbmc and hanging. any suggestions.
Sorry, I am not using XBMC live so I can't test this myself. But if you feel fit enough you could try the following:

Go to RCB/resources/lib and edit the file helper.py:

Add this line at the beginning of the file:
Code:
import xbmc

At the end of method launchEmu (line 216) replace this line:
Code:
        os.system(cmd)

with this code:
Code:
        #this minimizes xbmc some apps seems to need it
        xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")
        os.system(cmd)
        #this brings xbmc back
        xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")

This is one of the fixes that JustSomeUser added to the launcher plugin. It is used by the guys from the XBMC live thread I mentioned above. These new lines (xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")) toggle from full screen to windowed (same as you are doing with pressing "/"). I tried it on my Windows box and it doesn't corrupt anything but I have no idea if it helps to solve your problem.

Please report the result if you try it;-)
thx malte for all your effort on resolving this. The last comment and tip that you made seems to do the trick for zsnes. It minimizes xbmc and maximizes zsnes. Exiting zsnes maximizes xbmc again. I had a few crashes in RCB and when this happens xbmc starts minimized when i reboot my asrock. I then have to maximize it by starting zsnes again exiting again. I will test it out some more.
But it seems to work fine...
I've been having a play with trying to get this to work on the xbox. My problem is this part here

Code:
<emulatorCmd>uae {-%I% "%ROM%"}</emulatorCmd>

And what i need to change it to to launch a default.xbe
jpschouten Wrote:The last comment and tip that you made seems to do the trick for zsnes. It minimizes xbmc and maximizes zsnes. Exiting zsnes maximizes xbmc again. I had a few crashes in RCB and when this happens xbmc starts minimized when i reboot my asrock.
Great to hear that its working. I hope you get rid of these crashes, too. Do you think they are caused by RCB?

I will add the code to minimize XBMC in non-solo mode to the next release. If you find anythig that makes it more stable on your side please tell me.

Paybac Wrote:I've been having a play with trying to get this to work on the xbox. My problem is this part here
Code:
<emulatorCmd>uae {-%I% "%ROM%"}</emulatorCmd>

And what i need to change it to to launch a default.xbe

I am not sure how launching applications on xbox works. I have seen code that uses the RunXBE command to do this but I don't know if it is possible (and needed) to pass arguments to it. default.xbe is the binary of your emulator or is it a rom file that is associated with an emulator?

You see I am a noob when it goes to xbox. So read the next lines with some caution;-)
You could try the following (sorry, there are code changes needed again - same as in the case of jpschouten):

Go to RCB/resources/lib and edit the file helper.py:

At the end of method launchEmu (line 216) replace this line:
Code:
        os.system(cmd)

with this one:
Code:
        xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Runxbe(%s)" %cmd)

This will invoke the command that you used as <emulatorCmd> with RunXBE command. I think you should add the full path to your xbe in this case:

Code:
<emulatorCmd>full path to default.xbe</emulatorCmd>

If someone could provide some more info how launching roms on xbox works we could try to figure this out. Please report it here if you try this!

regards,
malte
No luck with this either, same as before.

Also I forgot to mention before that once this script is installed, as soon as XBMC starts RCB launches automatically.

Here is the debug log showing it auto launching on xbmc booting and the attempt to launch 3 Roms

http://pastebin.com/XFYKNKya

Sorry can't be more help on the code side of things, but am happy to test.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20