• 104(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Domina Wrote:The only thing you may see differently can be the source, because I'm using aeon MQ3 outside it, is the visual confluence.

Strange, I only get the option for three views in version 0.9.1 and they don't look as nice as your views. Is there a recommended scraper settings for each platform? I notice the MAME scraper is down, is that typical?

One thing in particular I notice is that the List view has the in-game screencap, but mine is stretched a lot, yours is not. I'm using a 720p resolution.
xbmc17 Wrote:Strange, I only get the option for three views in version 0.9.1 and they don't look as nice as your views. Is there a recommended scraper settings for each platform?
I am not sure if Domina used online scrapers or if the artwork and description is collected locally. One thing that is different to the default scrapers is that there is no game plot shown. This leaves a bit more blank space and looks a bit cleaner. Another important thing is to have nice fanart backdrops. thegamesdb is providing some nice ones but not for all games.

xbmc17 Wrote:I notice the MAME scraper is down, is that typical?
Thanks. I guess the fix that I added in 0.9.1 is breaking the scrape process again. As a work around you can check the scraper files in RCBs installation directory (resources/scraper). In "06 - maws.xml" just remove the xml comments or replace the complete file with this version: link. I'll have to rewrite the whole scraping thing one day...
xbmc17 Wrote:Strange, I only get the option for three views in version 0.9.1 and they don't look as nice as your views. Is there a recommended scraper settings for each platform? I notice the MAME scraper is down, is that typical?

One thing in particular I notice is that the List view has the in-game screencap, but mine is stretched a lot, yours is not. I'm using a 720p resolution.

malte Wrote:I am not sure if Domina used online scrapers or if the artwork and description is collected locally. One thing that is different to the default scrapers is that there is no game plot shown. This leaves a bit more blank space and looks a bit cleaner. Another important thing is to have nice fanart backdrops. thegamesdb is providing some nice ones but not for all games.

About the art and description I really collect locally because I have art (front cover, back cover, manual, fanart, cdart, cartart, flyers, video etc ...) for my games (about 6000 games). Using fanarts of 2240x1260, 1920x1080, 1600x900 and 1280x720.
Description I also picked up locally because it not has scrapper in (pt-br), as I have not done them for a lot of games is so clean in the list view.
Although I have not added all my games still in RCB.
But if you put in 3 or 4 small view will stretch the art.

Malte, I have a problem in PNG logos with transparency for my games, I added them in "RCB" , but they do not appear, it is an empty space in their place.

The logos are of this type below:
http://www.4shared.com/file/H_Qw2g4H/Wor...g_Mic.html

there is a problem of "RCB" and png with transparency?

Another question how do I get the part where is the video description and a thumbs in sight, so that only the description and the video appears when I press the info (i)? I'm willing to let a greater emphasis to the fanart.

Thank you!
Error launching 7z file
Please check XBMC.log for errors

log

NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: You have tried to launch a .7z file but you are missing required libraries to extract the file. You can download the latest RCB version from RCBs project page. It contains all required libraries.
01:50:04 T:6500 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file

I have RCB version 0.91 on Pre-Eden. I do have libraries in the folder

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\platform_libraries
malte Wrote:I am not sure if Domina used online scrapers or if the artwork and description is collected locally. One thing that is different to the default scrapers is that there is no game plot shown. This leaves a bit more blank space and looks a bit cleaner. Another important thing is to have nice fanart backdrops. thegamesdb is providing some nice ones but not for all games.

Thanks. I guess the fix that I added in 0.9.1 is breaking the scrape process again. As a work around you can check the scraper files in RCBs installation directory (resources/scraper). In "06 - maws.xml" just remove the xml comments or replace the complete file with this version: link. I'll have to rewrite the whole scraping thing one day...

Thank you malte, after adding the attached xml RCB is now scraping my MAME connection!
Domina Wrote:About the art and description I really collect locally because I have art (front cover, back cover, manual, fanart, cdart, cartart, flyers, video etc ...) for my games (about 6000 games). Using fanarts of 2240x1260, 1920x1080, 1600x900 and 1280x720.
Description I also picked up locally because it not has scrapper in (pt-br), as I have not done them for a lot of games is so clean in the list view.
Although I have not added all my games still in RCB.
But if you put in 3 or 4 small view will stretch the art.

Where did you obtain the high quality fanart and in-game screenshots?
I caught in many fanart image places as some blogs and sites like thegamesdb, creativeuncut, devianart, htbackdrops, thewallpapers, portallos, etc ...
Some of the images that are not there in the correct proportions have to cut the correct size.
Domina Wrote:Malte, I have a problem in PNG logos with transparency for my games, I added them in "RCB" , but they do not appear, it is an empty space in their place.
Tested here with your image. Imports and shows up fine. Maybe the file name with "(Logo)" is the problem?

Domina Wrote:Another question how do I get the part where is the video description and a thumbs in sight, so that only the description and the video appears when I press the info (i)? I'm willing to let a greater emphasis to the fanart.
Don't really understand what you mean. You want to hide the red marked area on your pic by default and just let it show up when pressing "I"?

versus Wrote:Error launching 7z file
Please check XBMC.log for errors

log

NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: You have tried to launch a .7z file but you are missing required libraries to extract the file. You can download the latest RCB version from RCBs project page. It contains all required libraries.
01:50:04 T:6500 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file

I have RCB version 0.91 on Pre-Eden. I do have libraries in the folder
Same here. Works on Dharma, does not work on Eden. I have to check this.
Hi, ok I finally got RCB to work on my apple tv2 but sadly being the newbie when it comes to this I stuffed up the setup, when I first installed it as I wasn't able to find the folder where I have my emulators and ROMs.

Now that I finally worked out how to show that folder I tried to go and setup RCB again only to find that it launchers the program and just shows the lists for consoles, genre, year, publisher, a-z with the lists under them blank.

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling thinking that it would allow me to run the setup again but it didn't, it just started up and showed that page again. I even went from version 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 but it still went to that page.

Can someone please tell me is there another way to set up the emulators on here?

Also I know that Fusion36 works for Sega master system and Genesis, am I able to use it to play both ROMs on RCB or do I have to find another emulator to run Genesis?
Jetta Wrote:I tried uninstalling then reinstalling thinking that it would allow me to run the setup again but it didn't, it just started up and showed that page again. I even went from version 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 but it still went to that page.

Can someone please tell me is there another way to set up the emulators on here?
Just press "C" on the keyboard or "Menu" on the remote. This will show up the context menu.

Jetta Wrote:Also I know that Fusion36 works for Sega master system and Genesis, am I able to use it to play both ROMs on RCB or do I have to find another emulator to run Genesis?
You can use one emulator for as many Rom Collections as you like.
malte Wrote:Tested here with your image. Imports and shows up fine. Maybe the file name with "(Logo)" is the problem?

My logos have the same as the name of my roms as shown below:

But I discovered the problem, I imported these logos in "title" and from what I saw "RCB" only shows in "view of small 4" (front cover, back cover, cartridge and screeshot or video)

I did a test by importing cartridge and it worked, but with of the "title" does not work.

malte Wrote:Don't really understand what you mean. You want to hide the red marked area on your pic by default and just let it show up when pressing "I"?

About it, so is there any way of removing this area where I did the red rectangle and leave clean there so I see only the information by pressing i like today with details page or press up as aeon in skins?

The idea is to have a look similar to this:
trying to launch mame i couldnt find anything i know mame launches the games by itself but when using RCB mame loads up but says (list of game files) not found any help appreciated thanks
xbmc17 Wrote:Thank you malte, after adding the attached xml RCB is now scraping my MAME connection!

I scanned all my MAME roms (about 8000) but now the problem is RCB does the 'loading games' on all 8000 every time I launch it or move around the pick list at the top. Any way for it to stop doing that, it takes a long time! I know I can limit the filtering but what triggers RCB to scan again? It seems to start automatically as soon as I move anywhere in the filters box, shouldn't I be able to control when it starts searching?

Example: I have the filters set to MAME, All, All, All, 0-9, yet it's scanning my entire collection? And the filters don't seem to save after restarting RCB either?
Malte,

Recently I've been getting errors when loading up RCB. I'm at work now, so I can't share my log but it's something to do with directX apparantly.

It is possible to load up RCB by deleting the settings file, but once RCB has been closed again it simply crashes again.

I'm sure it's nothing to do with the script, but have you come across anything like this?
Domina Wrote:I did a test by importing cartridge and it worked, but with of the "title" does not work.
You can change that by editing dynamic image placing options in config.xml: wiki.

Domina Wrote:About it, so is there any way of removing this area where I did the red rectangle and leave clean there so I see only the information by pressing i like today with details page or press up as aeon in skins?
Nice idea. One more when I have enough time againSmile

silvers46 Wrote:trying to launch mame i couldnt find anything i know mame launches the games by itself but when using RCB mame loads up but says (list of game files) not found any help appreciated thanks
Common errors are that you did not specify the rompath in mame.ini or the inipath in RCBs emuparams. Setting it up like explained in the Advanced Launcher wiki worked for me: ALA wiki.

xbmc17 Wrote:I scanned all my MAME roms (about 8000) but now the problem is RCB does the 'loading games' on all 8000 every time I launch it or move around the pick list at the top. Any way for it to stop doing that, it takes a long time! I know I can limit the filtering but what triggers RCB to scan again? It seems to start automatically as soon as I move anywhere in the filters box, shouldn't I be able to control when it starts searching?

Example: I have the filters set to MAME, All, All, All, 0-9, yet it's scanning my entire collection? And the filters don't seem to save after restarting RCB either?
Yes, this is annoying. This is on my list for a long time. But it is still not implemented. Will make it a higher priority.

Tomkun Wrote:Recently I've been getting errors when loading up RCB. I'm at work now, so I can't share my log but it's something to do with directX apparantly.

It is possible to load up RCB by deleting the settings file, but once RCB has been closed again it simply crashes again.

I'm sure it's nothing to do with the script, but have you come across anything like this?
Sorry, no. Never seen this. Anybody else?

Maybe you can show me the log when you are back home. I don't think there is anything that I could do but maybe I have an idea what could be the cause.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20