• 122(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
New test version available: 0.9.5

List of changes:

Import Games:
  • add archive.vg scraper to config.xml

Browse Games:
  • move autoplay video code from script to skin
  • add new options to "Edit Rom Collection" dialog: autoplay video (Main window and Info window)
  • remove imageplacing options with video support
  • improvement of browsing and list loading performance
  • more filter control interaction: all filter controls will be updated from left to right
  • add video support to Night showcase view
  • stop video when changing filters or launch context menu
  • bugfix: fullscreen video now works auto video playback is turned on
  • bugfix: game name does not change after video playback is stopped in game info dialog

Autoplay video
Most changes in this release are browsing related. Especially users that use game videos and want to autoplay these videos while browsing the list should notice some performance improvements. But also without videos browsing the list should be a bit more enjoyable now. The way that autoplay video is configured now has also changed. In previous versions there have been "...Video"-options in the imageplacing configuration (Edit Rom Collection dialog / Browse Games tab). These are now replaced by two new options "Autoplay video (Main window)" and "Autoplay video (Info window)".

Filter controls
Filter control interaction has also been extended in this version. Filter controls are now updated from left to right: If you select a Console, all other controls (Genre, Year, Publisher) will only show entries that are available for this console (this feature was already present in previous version). If you select a Genre all controls right to the Genre filter (Year and Publisher) will only show entries that are available for the selected Console and Genre. And so on.

Note to Aeon MQ3 users: Support for the new features (especially the new way of using video files) should be available with next version 1.1.2 of the skin. It should be available shortly.

Previous test version: 0.9.4.
I've just started using XBMC and I'm really enjoying getting RCB set up with my emulators. For the most-part it's working great but I'm having some problems with certain MAME games not being recognised by the MAWS scraper. Most games do scrape correctly and info and artwork are downloaded and display as they should but there are some (for example actfancr, 18wheelr, boxer) that just aren't recognised no matter what I do.

I've tried disabling both "Don't import games without..." options and this does import the games but only their shortened zip names are displayed in the list. I've also tried selecting the "Interactive" import option but I get no dialog asking me to select anything.

I know that all the missing games do have MAWS entries and since it's MAME, the zip names are fixed so I know there's nothing wrong with the filenames. I was wondering if there's something I'm missing or if it is in fact a problem with the MAME scraper?
Hi Malte,

Thanks for a great plugin, just what I'm looking for!

I'm having a bit of trouble with solo mode though.

I'm on Vista and when I use it, there's a 'Critical Stop' error after the game has quit, and the batch file is about to try to restart XBMC.

I've traced it with Process Monitor and it seems that the command script is holding xbmc.log open. So when XBMC tries to restart, it sees the log file is locked and chokes.

I'm not sure why, but I can't seem to get around it at the mo. Any ideas? I'm exploring using 'start' rather than call, but haven't gotten far yet. I thought I'd see if you've come across it before first.

Thanks,

John
Turisu Wrote:I've just started using XBMC and I'm really enjoying getting RCB set up with my emulators. For the most-part it's working great but I'm having some problems with certain MAME games not being recognised by the MAWS scraper. Most games do scrape correctly and info and artwork are downloaded and display as they should but there are some (for example actfancr, 18wheelr, boxer) that just aren't recognised no matter what I do.
I had no time to test it myself yet. But as you describe it I would guess it is an error in the scraper. I will check it and see if I can fix it. But I am afraid this has to wait until the next bigger refactoring round.

JohnnyD2 Wrote:I'm on Vista and when I use it, there's a 'Critical Stop' error after the game has quit, and the batch file is about to try to restart XBMC.

I've traced it with Process Monitor and it seems that the command script is holding xbmc.log open. So when XBMC tries to restart, it sees the log file is locked and chokes.

Looks like the "CApplication:: create() failed" error. Check if this solution fixes it for you. Unfortunately, this does not work for everybody.
malte Wrote:I had no time to test it myself yet. But as you describe it I would guess it is an error in the scraper. I will check it and see if I can fix it. But I am afraid this has to wait until the next bigger refactoring round.
No problem. Thanks for your work on this. Smile
Thumbs Up 
malte Wrote:Looks like the "CApplication:: create() failed" error. Check if this solution fixes it for you. Unfortunately, this does not work for everybody.

That's exactly the error - apologies, I didn't notice the FAQ there!

I'll have to take my chances then Smile

Thanks,

John
malte Wrote:Check if this solution fixes it for you. Unfortunately, this does not work for everybody.

Hi Malte,

Just to let you know I've fixed the issue above by using a VBScript to re-launch XBMC instead of the batch file itself.

I haven't tided up the code yet so I'll let you have it when I have.

Thanks,

John
This has probably been mentioned before, but i just got onto this plugin as i have a lot of roms, but as soon as i try to enter a path to the roms, all i get is my DVD drive, and no hard drives?
Is there something i have missed?, as i can't 'see' the drives selections!
Thanks
@ Falafael :

Check this, it was made for Advanced Launcher, but should fix your problem (Add Network or Local drives)
Like Elviguiero said or maybe you have just a DVD in your drive. This could also cause the issue. See here.
Hi Malte,

The following should work ok on Vista + above. It should work on XP too, but not if you're running a .lnk (at least I couldn't get it to). The 'wait' commands are ignored from what I've found. I can only think MS changed shortcut handling in Vista.

Either way to get it to work I've added 2 VBScript files, and amended the applaunch.bat to reference them. I've also used some DOS environment variables that XBMC sets to restart the exact instance of XBMC that was shut (some people - me Wink - have multiple instances of XBMC).
I've also added 'portable mode' handling since some people (...me Wink ) might use it.

Thanks,

John

New applaunch.bat:
Code:
@echo off
Title Running %*

REM Set Variables
REM Change to Userdata Directory
cd /d "%XBMC_PROFILE_USERDATA%"
cd ..
set XBMCLaunchCmd="%XBMC_HOME%\XBMC.exe"
REM Check for portable mode
echo %XBMC_PROFILE_USERDATA%|find /i "portable_data">nul
if errorlevel 0 if not errorlevel 1 set XBMCLaunchCmd=%XBMCLaunchCmd% -p

echo Stopping XBMC...
echo.
taskkill /f /IM xbmc.exe>nul 2>nul
REM Give it a second to quit
cscript //B //Nologo "%cd%\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\Sleep.vbs" 1
echo Starting %*...
echo.
%*

REM Restart XBMC
echo Restarting XBMC...
cscript //B //Nologo "%cd%\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\LaunchXBMC.vbs" %XBMCLaunchCmd%

Useful wait script (sleep.vbs):
Code:
On error resume next
Wscript.Sleep(wscript.arguments(0)*1000)

Restart XBMC script (LaunchXBMC.vbs)
Code:
WScript.Sleep(1500)
On Error Resume Next
XBMCPath="""" & wscript.arguments(0) & """"
XBMCParams=wscript.arguments(1)

Dim objShell
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.shell")
objShell.run XBMCPath & " " & XBMCParams
Great! Thanks a lot! I will test if this works for me and at least add this to the wiki if it does. Maybe I could also add it as an alternative way to the script. I have to check. Especially it would be interesting if this solves the issue for people that could not use solo mode even with the explorer hack. Thanks again.
So I've got this addon working perfectly with sdlmame on xbmc-live 10.1 with wireless x-box controller for windows via xboxdrv. The launch and play are excellent, but when I escape the emulator, my cue of keypresses is working on the addon. Does anyone know what I need to do to make the addon ignore my keypresses while the emulator is active? This is really annoying because it's like the last little thing jacking up my most excellent xbmc experience.
@MTPPC: Sorry, I can't be of help as I don't have this problem. But I am sure I read about this several times here in the forum and there have been some solutions that should work. There are some emulator related threads here in the Linux sub foums. Maybe you will find something there.

EDIT:
I found this post here in the thread. Maybe this helps.
New version available: 0.9.6

List of changes:

General:
  • bugfix: config was not updated after Edit Rom Collection
Import Games:
  • new "scraper": local artwork - don't scrape anything, just check for new artwork available locally
Browse Games:
  • add video support to MAME views
  • Night skin: set focus on console filter when accessing filter controls

As there have been some nice changes related to video playback in the previous version, I wanted to get more users to enjoy RCBs video capabilities. With this release it will be easier to import video files (and other artwork files) after you already have scraped data for your Rom Collections. Main change in this release is the new "local artwork" scraper. As the name says this will just check your configured artwork folders for new files. It won't do any online searching or scraping and won't change any other game information.

I also wrote a short guide How to add videos to your Rom Collection. This guide also includes how to get a nice set of video files from emumovies.com (requires paid subscription).

@Tomkun: This version should also fix the issue with importing videos that you reported a while back.

Previous version: 0.9.5
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20