• 21(current)
Night - A Skin for XBMC
I think they'll be handled by the central addon interface but don't quote me on that.
I use all of 1 plugins (launcher) and i don't think it's working right now lol. Meaning I have to start metroid manually.. lool >.>
It might not be a bad idea to make a thread about this topic here in the skin development forum so 3 of the grumpy devs can yell at you and one can give you a half-assed answer. Would be better than not knowing at all right? Smile

Also worth noting.. in the latest few builds, skins have become addons mmm moar confusion. >.>
Yea just noticed, looks very promising...check the comment section of the new addon Jezz_X posted some screens.

Does any skin use media flags for music? Not a 100% my music library is up to par but I tried Alaska, Confluence, T! and Xperience but didnt see any flags. Could just be me though. If yes a skin has flags for music could someone post a screenshot, thx...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Ok, first let me say that this skin looks gorgeous so far.
So far I looked through the now playing screen for tv shows and here is everything i found:

Now Playing info screen(press I on video now playing) TV show
  • Episode thumb a little too low (put it centered between episode title and progress bar)
  • Fade in episode thumb too slow
  • Episode thumb doesn’t fade out

Control buttons now playing video (enter)
  • Create all buttons as squares
  • Place the top row closer together to keep aesthetics

Video settings
  • Blue box not wide enough(cuts text on left and right)
  • Color of heading too close to background(“Videos – Settings”)

Audio Settings[/INDENT]
  • (see video settings)
  • Bookmarks need to be done

Paused screen (TV Shows)
  • Fade in show title and season/episode number together with the rest
  • Create Fade out

I hope I'm not too picky, I just thought I'd go through window by window and see what problems I find, so I just listed everything.

If I'm too picky, tell me, if not I'm going on with this.
Yea touching up the videoOSD stuff is on my list...

Dont get me started on the icons. I've made 4 different styles and picked out another 3 styles from free sites. I just haven't found or made some that fits yet...

Most everything will be addressed when I make the touchups to it but I thought Paused screen (TV Shows) was good except touching up the window open/close animations...

***Oh, I see I posted right before you organized those bullet points***

And yea whatever suggestions you got feel free to share...

Will there be an option to change the light blue text into something lesh 'flashy'
I would probably use the skin (basing on what i have seen) but it would be nice to be able to change text color.
Anyway can't wait till the 14th
The blue text is part of the skin as a whole imho, why would he change it?
You may want to try modifying a color scheme if you want such things. :p
any way I could take this skin for a spin? I finally got all of the TV show logos working and really want to try them within this skin made for them.
One other thing I noticed-some of the tv logos go off the top of the screen (Buffy is one of the top of my head)
TerranQ Wrote:One other thing I noticed-some of the tv logos go off the top of the screen (Buffy is one of the top of my head)

I've not seen this issue and I've been using this skin for a long while.
Which view? Are you using a proper 16:9 aspect ratio?
My kitchen xbox tv is 16:10 things seem fine there also...Unless you talking the 16x9 view, yea those arent 100% lined up, not sure I'm keeping that view. All other views should be good unless I accidentally did something...

Using poster view, 1920x1080 resolution (double checked video calibration and it's perfect), a few of the logos go off the top of the screen slightly. Buffy, big bang theory, x-files, torchwood, modern family, it's always sunny in philadelphia, the dead zone, castle, and burn notice are the ones that seem too big/too high.
TerranQ Wrote:Using poster view, 1920x1080 resolution (double checked video calibration and it's perfect), a few of the logos go off the top of the screen slightly. Buffy, big bang theory, x-files, torchwood, modern family, it's always sunny in philadelphia, the dead zone, castle, and burn notice are the ones that seem too big/too high.

Try this:

Viewtype_Poster.xml, starting at line 351

Quote:<control type="largeimage" id="7015">
<posx>20</posx>
<posy>-6</posy>
<width>230</width>
<height>89</height>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>
<fadetime>300</fadetime>
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
<include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
<visible>[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]</visible>
</control>
<control type="largeimage" id="9015">
<posx>20</posx>
<posy>-6</posy>
<width>230</width>
<height>89</height>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.path]../logo.png</texture>
<fadetime>300</fadetime>
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
<include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
<visible>[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]</visible>
</control>

Change the <posy>-6</posy> to <posy>0</posy> that should do it...

That did it. Looks much better now, thanks.
I just had a question about trailers, this might be the wrong place but it seems like there are a lot of smart people reading this thread...how do i get them to work? Do I have to download them fully, or could there just be a URL in the .nfo?
ValiantXI Wrote:I just had a question about trailers, this might be the wrong place but it seems like there are a lot of smart people reading this thread...how do i get them to work? Do I have to download them fully, or could there just be a URL in the .nfo?

Well I definitely know it works with local/downloaded trailers...I think the code I use, <ondown>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</ondown> works for url's but haven't tested. Not sure about that youtube trailer script haven't tried that script out yet, but doubt it...

• 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night - A Skin for XBMC1