• 23(current)
Night - A Skin for XBMC
hikaricore Wrote:Sweet! I was having a hell of a time with the very latest xbmc svn. Had to revert back about 2 days recently.
Don't really see the sense in them making skins into addons without making an announcement in the sknning dev forum however.. >.>

Still early, or seems early, but from playing with it all day seems pretty darn stable. Atleast 29717 seems good...

They changed it alot from what 1 and a half months ago I made a quick fix for you...Now the addon section is treated sort of like a library mode.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Yea it was a menu then they changed it up.
It's been pretty decent except like I mentioned the recent skins to addons thing. :p
Sorry I have another question, is there a button on the keybaord that will allow you to get straight to full screen trailer playing in showcase view instead of having to get to movie info first and play the trailer from there? Like when I push down it starts to play in the upper left and I want to be able to go to full screen from there if thats possible.
ValiantXI Wrote:Sorry I have another question, is there a button on the keybaord that will allow you to get straight to full screen trailer playing in showcase view instead of having to get to movie info first and play the trailer from there? Like when I push down it starts to play in the upper left and I want to be able to go to full screen from there if thats possible.

Tab

thank you sir
mcborzu Wrote:[SIZE="4"]**obviously if you mess with the SVN's you probably know what you're doing, but just in case, just rename skin to "skin.night", install in [b]XBMC\addons and you should be good**

If not using a pre-merge XBMC, everything should be good except Recently added. If you want to fix just "ctrl+f" the word "PREMERGE" in Home.xml and uncomment that block of code, then comment out the block below. Do the same in Startup.xml. Or just leave as is, all you'll get is a script failed error, nothing big...

I was about to start working on the addon manager as well. I have not updated my version yet and was wondering what rev. you were using to start constructing that xml on?
I am using 29717 seems great...One great feature they added was a skinning debug screen. Enable it by putting <debugging>true<debugging> in your skin.xml file. I'd recommend a clean install not an overwrite, but thats me...

Seems like it's treated like how myprograms.xml and MyVideoNav.xml, you'll see

mcborzu Wrote:I am using 29717 seems great...One great feature they added was a skinning debug screen. Enable it by putting <debugging>true<debugging> in your skin.xml file. I'd recommend a clean install not an overwrite, but thats me...

Seems like it's treated like how myprograms.xml and MyVideoNav.xml, you'll see

Sounds good. I plan on keeping it real simple. I am just going to use Confluence as a base and change out some textures and simple sizing.
mcborzu Wrote:Image

Ahhh, gorgeous. Been waiting for that view for a while. Great, great work. This skin is looking like it will be the new default for me Smile
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Looking forward to this. Looks like a really good looking skin is any testing being done on xbox?
Wow this skin looks incredible. Hasn't been released yet and it's already my favorite. Can't wait.
Still planning on a May 18th release?
macshield Wrote:Wow this skin looks incredible. Hasn't been released yet and it's already my favorite. Can't wait.
Still planning on a May 18th release?

Isnt it the 14th ?
NibCake Wrote:Isnt it the 14th ?

Yep 14th...

Paybac Wrote:Looking forward to this. Looks like a really good looking skin is any testing being done on xbox?

xbs08 asked awhile back this was my response...

Actually I gave it a whirl:

1. Switch some code to totally disable Fanart
2. Instead of disabling views I just took out the .xml's I wouldn't use or I know are too much for XBOX like:

Jukebox
16x9
MusicWall
Movie wall
and a few others...

So without fanart and plus ripping out some .xml's - TV section was perfect. Movies - they played but couldn't fast forward so right on the border of enough memory there. But then again others can get T!, Alaska Final, Minimeedia, Confluence to run but for me those never worked.

So it might run better for others, but seems doable atleast. Defiantly won't be a skin that has no chance at running on the XBOX.

P.S - like the xbmc4xbox site!

Kool thanks for the reply Mcborzu. Glad you poped over and checked out xbmc4xbox, the place is starting to grow which is great.

Anyway back on topic, Any chance of the skin getting pre-released to an unmentioned xbox communityWink that we could get a hold of you skin tear it down to a functional Night Mod for Xbox, so it could then be released on the same day as the main night skin :WinkNodBig Grin Or do we have to wait with anticapation like the rest to NoBig Grin
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night - A Skin for XBMC1