• 7(current)
Night - A Skin for XBMC
ubuntuf4n Wrote:looking good, but even on a PDP its hard to watch the small trailers...

Furthermore it would be great if the animations of this skin were smooth as possible.
Imho thats the key for a good viewing experience.

Greetz
Ubuntuf4n

Oh there alot smoother than the alot of the videos I post. My main PC is not powerful enough for XBMC and video recording. It's akward to use the living room HTPC...On videos I care about like the teaser-trailer I used my HTPC which is more powerful.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
The no box look is great! ^_^
Sorry I love talking, especially when had a few.

I know that someone said that they didn't like the jukebox, and then changed their minds.

I personally love the jukebox effect, but sometimes when you see something on videos, but then when the skin is released, that thing that you loved suddenly seems crap.

I would love to see a jukebox effect, all be it a more modern jukebox, type XBMC skin.

I think personally you have created a very good skin, but if I can put an idea regarding the more older version jukebox style.

When you first load up music and load the first track, if this is at all possible, it makes the sound of money being put into the slot, and the sound of the arm going up to play the song.

I think that if you had that once, it would sound pretty classy, but if it done it for every song, then it would be over kill.

This would be a pretty strong contender for one of the best skins around, from what I have seen of it so far.

Everyone who has the knowledge of the skills to produce things for XBMC deserve a round of appaluse.......BUT

The old style XBox is so old people need to stop penny pinching and get into the modern World, and buy a decent PC, they are cheap enough nowadays, even cheaper to build, if they have the knowledge.

The programmers of XBMC have joined the future, and thank god that they have. I for one always used to think that XBMC was for the XBOX, but what a bloody pleasent surprise I had when I noticed that it was for the PC.

I soon changed from Media Portal, to XBMC once I found out how much better it was.

I look forward to the release of this, as it looks very much spot on.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
MarkTaunton Wrote:When you first load up music and load the first track, if this is at all possible, it makes the sound of money being put into the slot, and the sound of the arm going up to play the song.

Once a video/music starts I think it gets handed off to some other program or whatever that skinners have no control over. I would love to do what you thought or fading curtains or something before a movie starts but you have no control once you hit play to fiddle with.

mcborzu Wrote:Once a video/music starts I think it gets handed off to some other program or whatever that skinners have no control over. I would love to do what you thought or fading curtains or something before a movie starts but you have no control once you hit play to fiddle with.

What about with party mode? I know it shows that little "filling glasses" dialog, would it be possible to modify the party mode script or whatever so that on selection of party mode it plays the coin and arm sounds then goes to the jukebox view?

Not sure if it's possible, just an idea. I can't wait for this to be released.
mcborzu Wrote:Once a video/music starts I think it gets handed off to some other program or whatever that skinners have no control over. I would love to do what you thought or fading curtains or something before a movie starts but you have no control once you hit play to fiddle with.

The opening or closing curtain has been done with Backrow, personally once you have seen this once, it does become very boring in my point of view.

I think with backrow, you have the option of turning this off, so once you have seen it, or have shown it to every man and his dog, then the novelty of that soon wears off.

While I am rabbiting as 3am and sadly I cannot sleep.

The banner view in your video looks as if it distorts the banners far too much, and some of the views, the boxes look far too stretched and distorted graphics.

If you look at your Youtube video, then you should be able to see what I mean.

I personally like the banner view, but a lot of other skins distort the banners as well, so not just yours.

Even though they can be excellent skins, but when you see that the banners are distorted then you do not really want to use them.

Regards

Mark

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
There are a lot of little touchup things like that banner view that need just that little bit of extra love...Some times it takes me seeing it for the 50th time or others like yourself pointing it out before it finally 'clicks' in my head to touch it up. But don't worry I have noticed alot of those little things that need some cleanup.

Like the 3d side cover. I can't tell you how many times I have tweaked that side cover. I probably made atleast 50 different version, maybe 100 if you count the reflection for it too.

Just having a look at some of the images and I do like this BUT

http://www.themurrayworld.com/xbmc/night...dscape.png

I do not think too much of the case being honest.

If this was something like a solid block but with the graphic at the front, I think that would look sexy.

I personally do not think that the dimensions of the case looks as if it would be a proper case.

You have the proper sizing for the main image, but take away that edge bit and it would look much much better.

I love the reflections of the boxes, that is sex on legs.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
The main reason I went with that side box look is on all 3d covers in most skins they look so flat and lifeless. It's hard to be 100% accurate, just trying to bring it a tad more realism to the 3d look...

The fatal flaw of most skins that grace this forum are attempts to be everything to everyone.
My suggestion is to just keep with your own intentions and take what the rest of us say with a grain of salt.
Trying to make everyone happy will end in sorrow and frustration. ^_^
mcborzu Wrote:The main reason I went with that side box look is on all 3d covers in most skins they look so flat and lifeless. It's hard to be 100% accurate, just trying to bring it a tad more realism to the 3d look...

I agree that view does look very out dated now, and with your 3D view, you do have the right idea and it does look very sexy.

If you imagine a smooth 3D block, like an ice cube, and missing off those DVD cover openers at the end, that would look so much better.

Hopefully you can imagine what I mean by that.

As hikaricore has said, really you need to do it in your own image, as you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
MarkTaunton Wrote:If you imagine a smooth 3D block, like an ice cube, and missing off those DVD cover openers at the end, that would look so much better.

Oh I get ya now, the 'case' look doesnt seem to fit the 16x9 image...Keep any suggestions coming though, I probably would have keep that trailer box until people pointed it out...

hikaricore Wrote:The fatal flaw of most skins that grace this forum are attempts to be everything to everyone.
My suggestion is to just keep with your own intentions and take what the rest of us say with a grain of salt.
Trying to make everyone happy will end in sorrow and frustration. ^_^

Oh I 100% percent agree, while it's cool having options. I'm lost with all the 1000 options that Aeon has. I'm trying to keep the options down to a minimal...

The 16 x 9 image is sex on legs, and the reflections are sex. If you keep that, and get rid of the openers, but have a rounded edge like I think you are with me now on, then that would be sexy.

So it would be like a 3D 16x9 box, but with a clear edge, or maybe black edge to it, rather than trying to wrap the image around the edging.

Apart from that it looks the bees knees, and Xperience I think might have some serious competition, and that hurts me to say that as well lol

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
I'm sorry Mark but I have to say that you're using the most god awful expressions ever known to man.
Everyone else was thinking it but was afraid to say so. To put it gracefully, stop acting like an alien. ^_^
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night - A Skin for XBMC1