• 2(current)
Night - A Skin for XBMC
My guidelines are:

400x155
Align bottom
Try to fill as much as possible or if a show logo like "LOST" or "24" which are taller than they are wide then I center the image.
And since most skins are dark except Alaska, it's probably better to use the lighter version of a logo than say a black logo.

Mine came from clearARTS too, I save my .PSD's so that how I grab the first 25...I haven't made any more recently than whats on the 1st page.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
xbs08 Wrote:Do you mean the menu that pop up when you press "s"?

I was meaning that cool, easy way anyone can add home menu items in Aeon going through skin settings rather than messing with .xml's.

Most of what I've done so far is anime but I'll post cleartitles here as I make them.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/h...?start=all
mcborzu Wrote:My guidelines are:

400x155
Is that the size they'll be when displayed at 1080p if you're coding at 720p because I've found it best to try and keep the textures 1.5 times the dimensions of the actual code, and make sure they're all whole numbers at the same time.
mcborzu Wrote:@ekim232

You know theres alot a ways to do that, personally I create a custom genre called "720" so it real easy to add home menus or in other skins I just go to genres>720. So my genre field is <genre>720 / Action / Adventure</genre>

@XBMCG33K

Yea still debating on wheather to use Alaska's frames or make my own. Personally I love those frames, I ask Hitcher he said its cool to use them. Odds are I'll use them. Heres what they look like using the newer Alaska frames:

Much better man. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:Is that the size they'll be when displayed at 1080p if you're coding at 720p because I've found it best to try and keep the textures 1.5 times the dimensions of the actual code, and make sure they're all whole numbers at the same time.

Can't remember why I choose those dimensions? Inside the actual code:

The horizontal wraplist are: 230x89
On that "Lost" Episode view posted above they are: 300x116

Can't imagine people going bigger than 400x155, in that "Lost" picture at 300x116 they are taking up a good amount of screen space...

Images scraped for episodes vary but are usually 400x255. Just a heads up.
Nothing sexy, just a bunch of the more common dialogs:

Context Menu
Press 'S' menu and Volume bar
Pausebar Movies
Pausebar TV
Pausebar TV- which fades into time remaining
Watching a video Info screen
Movie Info
Episode Info

Alot of the dialogs the background fades to black to bring more attention to the menu. Still 'Work in Progress' probably will tweak some things...

Oh, forgot one of the fun screens - clearART on pause:

Is the clear art optional as i think that stuff is a little cheesy for my tastes,
also not over keen on the use of font and the blue highlite square used in some
of the screens. Apart from those 2 issues it looks great in my oppinionWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I've made 100 titles so far in anticipation of this skin.
If you get a chance take a look and give me your thoughts on the overall quality and such. (a couple suffer from lack of available art)
I personally have over 400 shows to cover so I've made a good start thus far.
For most I also have larger versions on my local system incase the dimensions change.

** edit ** Also I wanted to ask about how these would be implemented.
Will they be per series folder something like poster.jpg from aeon? Or a central location in the skin's folder?
What about filenames? cleartitle.png? title.png? [tvdbid].png? Just trying to be prepared. :p
@paul

Fonts are hit or miss...things could change when I 2x check for translating compatibility.
Yea, pretty much everything is optional...I'm trying to strike a balance of including fun optional stuff without making a billion check this on, check this off. For optionals I think I got:

Choosing Poster, Landscape, Banner
Regular Pausebar and clearART
Optional to use clear Logos
Flags off/Scroll Plot/Kiosk Mode
One view has option for Fanart/Extrathumbs

@hikaricore

My first thought is to release the skin using the old media folder way. That way it would work 'out of the box' when people try it - so it would go "media/cleartitle/Lost.png"...Then 2-3 weeks later release a version with the correct naming scheme <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Path]/logo.png</texture>. No big deal to release another copy with the correct naming also.

And yea those logos look great!!

just a try on the fly:

is it good ?

Seems good to me:

Prison Break One
Prison Break Two
Hellsing

The only advice I might add is that personally I try to add a small border or a shadow to most of
mine so they don't blend in so much as they could be hard to read on a light or dark background. Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night - A Skin for XBMC1