• 3(current)
Night - A Skin for XBMC
thanks for screenshots Big Grin!

here i made another one:

I hope we can upload them on xbmcstuff so we'll grab them with xbmcstuff downloader Big Grin
hikaricore Wrote:The only advice I might add is that personally I try to add a small border or a shadow to most of
mine so they don't blend in so much as they could be hard to read on a light or dark background. Smile

how ? Big Grin
i'm interrested, but i'm really not a graphist, just cut images there and there but nothing more... Blush
Be sure you are sizing and aligning the images properly, they should be exactly 400x155 and bottom aligned (vertical) center aligned (horizontal).
It would be a shame if people churned out a bunch of images that weren't quite up to par with the rest because they missed the post about sizing and such.

mcborzu Wrote:My guidelines are:

400x155
Align bottom
Try to fill as much as possible or if a show logo like "LOST" or "24" which are taller than they are wide then I center the image.
And since most skins are dark except Alaska, it's probably better to use the lighter version of a logo than say a black logo.

As for the shadow/border it would all depend on the image software you're using. I test each of my images on 4-5 different background colours and adjust them accordingly after.

(also I think mcborzu already made one for caprica, check his screenshot so you don't accidentally put your efforts to waste)
no problem, they're just try Big Grin

you test them on backdrops?

i'm using gimp or paint.net.

yes, i'm missing the vertical allignement on thoses
I test them on solids mostly black/green/red/blue/white.
Gives me a basic idea of the worst case scenarios of my images out in the wild. :p

i've taken care of alignement this time Big Grin
mcborzu Wrote:Yea thats how I get the path, set the genre "720" as a favorite then open up favorites.xml and get the path from there...

Since my home menu is just simple text I'd love to figure out the way Aeon does that custom menu thing by opening up Favorites through the skin but thats more on my 'wishlist' rather than 'to do' list

Figured out a way to open a specific genre directly...

1. Create a Playlist named Animation

PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/Animation.xsp,return)</onclick> 

mcborzu, could you try this with your HD Movies?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I just use XBMC for movies and TV, anything else I have to lookup...What are the steps to create a playlist?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Playlists

By creating a playlist you dont have to create a specific genre (eg. for sorting 720p files), and playlist dont require editing, it's all done in xbmc.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Heres another section:

Pictures in action - Youtube Link

I'm not really into the picture section so any suggestions? That wraplist uses square thumbs would 16x9 thumb be better?

mcborzu Wrote:Heres another section:

Pictures in action - Youtube Link

I'm not really into the picture section so any suggestions? That wraplist uses square thumbs would 16x9 thumb be better?
Not too shabby at all, good news about the optional clear art thanksSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I seriously dont know if I can wait any longer for this release haha. I truely cannot wait to try this skin out. It looks amazing. Please hurry haha Big Grin
ValiantXI Wrote:I seriously dont know if I can wait any longer for this release haha. I truely cannot wait to try this skin out. It looks amazing. Please hurry haha Big Grin

Not too much on my "to do" list:

Recently added on home
Specific song level view
Music fullscreen now playing and general music now playing
Redo my video OSD
Weather section*- I can live with this being incomplete on release and addressing it later. So weather is last on my list...
Then general touchup/cleanup

I was thinking probably a bunch of people think "I like the TV section but what if not all of my TV shows have a logo". The video below explains how I hope to handle that automatically.

See in Action - Youtube Link*

If things can be handled automatically rather than making people check a bunch of skin settings I much prefer that going that route. Though a view where the logos are in a wraplist like this view, there is no way to use a fallback. Even if there was not sure how to get the text right. So that type a view would be logo only.

*the skin flows better than the video, I had to pull those posters from TV source since I use landscape thumbs.

I've made 151 titles thus far and have tons to go.
By the time you release the skin I should have about double that if not more. ^_^
Granted I'm only making them for my own collection aside from a few logos I had lying around for shows I don't watch.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night - A Skin for XBMC1