Play Random Episode
Hitcher Wrote:The RecentlyAdded script can be configured to select random Movies, Episodes or Songs/Albums instead or there is a separate RandomItems script so you can have both on the Home screen. Obviously the skin needs to support this feature but I have it working in Welo and will soon add it to all versions of Alaska.

how configurable is it? would it be possible for example to select a random episode from season or episode level e.g. I'd like to be able to select south park from my tv series and click "random episode" which would result in a random episode from within the selected series to be played.
It just picks randomly from the database for each source but if you can code Python then I'm sure it's possible.
Just a thought I had:

This is one of those thing's were you seem to want it or hate it. So, seeing as XBMC is unbelievable customizable, wouldn't it be possible to build options like this into the installer? Check this, check that, don't check this if you don't want it. That sort of thing?

So people like spiff who don't want this feature cluttering their context menu could choose not to install it, while others can choose to add whatever the like to it.

Obviously it's not a cut and dry task, building it into the installer itself but I don't see why it couldn't be done. Even if it's done by someone else, and not built into a main installer. Wouldn't it really just be a matter of extracting files to the correct places and overwriting existing files?

I guess it would be like an XBMC expansion pack.
I was thinking about looking into coding a random function. my coding knowledge is limited but I'm sure I could steal quite a bit from other functions such as shuffle, play and queue. I figure this would be the be the best method as it could then be assigned to a button on the remote removing the need to include it within a skin.
I have been looking for a feature like this, but I just want it to randomize TV Shows that have not been watched.

Can I do this with a smart play list or some other way?
UserInterface,

You can do that with a playlist. What you need to do is make one playlist that will not play anything that has been watched within however many days or weeks that you wish. Then make another playlist with whatever show(s) that you want and add the not watched playlist to that one.

Fellow XBMC'r Revol has written a tutorial on the process, if you are interested.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81522

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Random Episode0