Disable menu on the left? (View/Sort By/Library Mode/Stack)
My "technologically challenged" girlfriend is having some difficulty using XBMC. Every so often, the accidentally moves the cursor to the left while browsing for videos to watch and turns on a different view/library mode/etc. Which then yields unhappiness and a frustrated a call to my cell phone.

To make this easier for her: Is there a way to either entirely disable this menu, or to prevent any of the settings from being changed (i.e. I want View: List, Sort By: File, Library Mode: Off and Stack: Off).

I tried the (slightly outdated) wiki docs but couldn't find anything helpful, nor the proper name for this set of options.

Anybody? :confused2:
After a bit more digging, it appears what I am referring to is often called "Kiosk Mode" and the Aeon skin has such a mode.

I also found a mod to do the same in confluence, but it appears the thread has been removed from the forum. It is still in Google Cache (presently the first hit when searching for "mod kiosk xbmc confluence"). Unfortunately, while it displays the option in the menu, the actual slider still renders Sad

With that said: Does somebody have a working solution for Confluence? I'd rather not teach my girlfriend a new skin, Aeon is quite different...
For instance you should ask in the skin help and support section. Maybe an admin could move this? (I know you guys have a lot to work on elsewhere right now)
Indeed. I apologize, I did not know this was a skin related question when I first posted.
weirded Wrote:With that said: Does somebody have a working solution for Confluence? I'd rather not teach my girlfriend a new skin, Aeon is quite different...

Found it. On top of the files mentioned in the post I quoted, you also need to edit the MyVideo.xml file if you are not using library mode. That's why I thought it didn't work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable menu on the left? (View/Sort By/Library Mode/Stack)0