SMB Password Requests
Running XBMC on XBOX: Rev. 28576 (But has been consistent for months over many revisions)

In Transparency! v2.11 when switching Music section to 'File Mode' I am asked to input the name and password for the network share, even though it is saved in the sources.xml, and this sometimes locks up the xbox requiring manual restart. Yes, I have to get up and press the power button, way too much exercise Wink.

In Transparency! svn This behaviour now also occurs in Videos 'File Mode'.

I have not been able to reproduce this problem in other skins (PMIII, xTV, Horizonz etc.) so I believe it to be a Transparency! specific bug?

Sorry for lack of log files and what not, but I'm in hospital and insanely bored, so no access to xbox.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
it's because of the way Transparency! loads music fanart in filemode.
fanart in filemode in not supported by xbmc, so i implemented some dirty hack to work around this limitation.
as with most workarounds, they're never perfect an can cause issues in some cases. (mostly xbox connecting to a windows smb share).
you can select Settings > Skin Settings > General > Safe Mode, which will disable all workarounds used in the skin.

in video files, i think the icons view is to blame as it's trying to load disk images for every item in the view.
again not supported by xbmc and i'm using a similar workaround to get it done anyway.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:it's because of the way Transparency! loads music fanart in filemode.
fanart in filemode in not supported by xbmc, so i implemented some dirty hack to work around this limitation.
as with most workarounds, they're never perfect an can cause issues in some cases. (mostly xbox connecting to a windows smb share).
you can select Settings > Skin Settings > General > Safe Mode, which will disable all workarounds used in the skin.

in video files, i think the icons view is to blame as it's trying to load disk images for every item in the view.
again not supported by xbmc and i'm using a similar workaround to get it done anyway.

Ah I see. I'll give that a go.

I quite like icon view, any way to disable the hack there?

in Includes_Workarounds,

change:
Code:
<include name="moviedisc-View_Icons">
       <texture diffuse="disc_mask.png" fallback="disc.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,disc.png]</texture>
</include>

to:
Code:
<include name="moviedisc-View_Icons">
       <texture diffuse="disc_mask.png">disc.png</texture>
</include>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Champion. I'll test over the weekend,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Password Requests0