Music view question (by genre)
Hi!

I'm not sure, if its a skin-related question....

My preferred music-view is "by genre" (CoverFlow). Unfortunatly in this view there is no possiblity to show all albums. i.e. Genre "Reggae" => albums "Rastaman vibration", "Uprising", "Catch a fire", "Strictly Reggae III", ....

The only sort option is "by name" (default). On compilations this sort shows for each artist the album thumb.

Is there a way to change this behaviour?

Many Thanks
macchina
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but the sort options in the library are fixed based off where you are. If I'm not mistaken, you only get the more advanced options when at an albums or song listing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok, I'll try to specify:

I navigate to Music->Genres->Reggae. Now I see in this view all artists (not albums!). In my library are approximatly 400 reggae-albums, with approximatly 1250 different artists.
300 album-artists, 950 artists from compilations.
So its hard to find a specific album or play a whole compilation-cd...

In the view "by year" I have the choice to view "by artistname" (for each arist one entry) or "by album" (for each album one entry)

Hope this is clearer ;-)
Just click on "All Artists" and it'll drop down to albums.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music view question (by genre)0