UPnP / DLNA client in XBMC does not do Fast Forward and Rewind?
I am not able to fast-forward or rewind video when it's source is a UPNP server. I've used the latest nightly and the latest stable to test.

I believe that ff/rw is within UPNP's capabilities, but XBMC doesn't seem to have it working. XBMC doesn't seem to recognize the length of UPNP media, and maybe that is a part of the problem?

I cant find any tickets regarding this, and am wondering if this is a known bug, desired behavior, no one cares, etc...

Let me know if this is something that team-XBMC wants to look into and I'll generate some debug logs and start a ticket.

This was posted a while ago by KageYume, but it didn't go anywhere: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52322
Thanks!
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
This is an issue. One of the major reasons I went for XBMC was UPnP support. especially for PlayOn.
Glad to see I'm not the only one with the issue.
It should be noted that it seems like maybe it's specific to Windows XBMC (or maybe just DVDPlayer)
On my XBOX XBMC's I can ff/rw from UPNP using mplayer, although it's slightly glitchy.
Trac ticket started http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9005
Debug log attached
The issue is with MPEG-2 video and maybe also MPEG-1. I suspect it is related to that XBMC is not able to display the length of the video when playing those formats over UPnP. I've had no issues with other formats I've tried over UPnP. Those others do have the length displayed in XBMC.
I have the same problem with music (MP3). I haven't tried FLAC yet.

Not to change subjects, but .cue files don't seem to work for me through upnp either. They display the tracks but no matter what track you select it just starts from the beginning of the first track.
There is obviously a bug.
All we can do now is wait for the ticket to be assigned to a dev.

I think they are pretty busy right now with all the fun stuff going on.
Several months later and this issue still seems to be here? I also tried the new beta release and I couldn't rr/ff via upnp with it either. Any work-arounds yet?
I don't think this has gotten on any of the dev's radar. It doesn't seem to be a high priority bug.
Has nothing todo with upnp.. has todo with if we can seek over http. And if i remember correctly playon doesn't allow that on sources that are transcoded.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I think playon does allow it because it works when using playon with other UPNP clients... such as the Xbox 360.
It must be something to do with upnp... I have a NAS media share hdd drive by iomega with built in upnp/dlna. The drive doesn't support transcoding and all my songs are in mp3 format. FF/RR doesn't work through XBMC for music. It does however work for movies shared via upnp.
Soo let's clearify, is this music or video that have the issue?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My issue and at least 1 other guy's is with music, I think the others are having an issue with transcoded videos. I tried it on 2 different computers and both the current stable and the beta 2 with the same results.
I can verify the lack of fast forward/rewind capability in videos. I'm using playon to view netflix material.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP / DLNA client in XBMC does not do Fast Forward and Rewind?0