UPnP / DLNA client in XBMC does not do Fast Forward and Rewind?
biggley: and this works in some other player?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

XBMC's FF/RW is not working on MPEG-2 video transferred over UPnP, maybe also MPEG-1, regardless of whether it was transcoded or was already in that format to begin with - the resulting format sent over the UPnP connection is all that matters here. It also does not show how long the video is (this could be the root of the problem).
Has anyone else tried streaming their mp3's over upnp and trying FF/RR?

Mine show the lengths of the song but no RR/FF over upnp.
yea, the root for video's is the lack of length..

And for audio it's due to us not reading mp3 tags in that case.. I tracked down that awhile back. I thought i changed it, but maybe not Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

That does make sense. The thumbnails are also stored in mp3 tags correct? The reason I ask is because I added a bunch of thumbnails to all my music using Itunes store, XBMC didn't find any of the new thumbnails. So maybe this is also due to it not reading the tags?
this should be fixed in trunk for mp3's

elupus Wrote:this should be fixed in trunk for mp3's

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is trunk?
WannaSpeedCom Wrote:Sorry for my ignorance, but what is trunk?

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk
elupus Wrote:biggley: and this works in some other player?
I can rewind videos from PlayOn if I view them on my xbox360.
However, if i view them using XBMC (i'm using Dharma beta1), I can not rewind them. (Also confirmed with XBMC 10.0)

Like KageYume said, if XBMC is consuming an MPEG-2 video over UPNP, FF/RW does not work.

Fast-forwarding from PlayOn isn't expected to work since it's a streaming video.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
XBMC 10.0 still does not support seeking when watching playon videos.
One of the problems seems to be that XBMC does not know the length of the video. Is this being looked at?

Since playon has gotten more and more popular, I'm thinking this is a common frustration for XBMC users.

I can FF/RW playon videos streams (netflix/hulu/daily show) when I use other UPNP clients, such as SageTV or my Xbox 360, so I think this is something that lies in XBMC's hands to fix.

The video source from playon is really just an HTTP source. Does XBMC have the ability to seek over HTTP?
According to this post by KageYume, XBMC successfully seeks over other HTTP sourcs
Hoping to get a dev's input on if XBMC can seek over http, or any other input on what the actual problem is and how to fix it....
we can seek over http without problem normally. last i tried playon it just didn't seem to support the seeks. didn't try hard thou.

elupus Wrote:we can seek over http without problem normally. last i tried playon it just didn't seem to support the seeks. didn't try hard thou.
Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what protocol PlayOn uses to stream to my XBOX 360, but it can seek just fine. If the 360 uses http://, this suggests the problem is with XBMC.

Do you have any interest in reviewing this? I'd be glad to perform any tests and provide you with any data you need to figure out what's going on.

--BradVido88
Bump! I use playon for MLB, Netflix, and a whole host of other stuff. I can live without FF (barely) but no rewind is killing me! How do we get this done?!
blm14 Wrote:Bump! I use playon for MLB, Netflix, and a whole host of other stuff. I can live without FF (barely) but no rewind is killing me! How do we get this done?!

I agree! I'm really close to being able to cut the cable, but this is one of the items that's killing it. Why can't we rewind!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP / DLNA client in XBMC does not do Fast Forward and Rewind?0