[Live] XBMC, Lirc and Remote problem
I have a 9.11 Live installed on my htpc

Am now trying to set it up so I can use an universal remote. I have a MCE remote that works great with iXBMC straight out of the box, and am now trying to use my harmony 555 insted.

Read all over the place that you should just use irw and press the buttons on the remote to see which device it is and what not, problem is, irw doesnt work. And for some reason, even if I stop / remove Lirc, the MCE remote is still working. Is there something else besides Lirc which is in the Live installation that handles the IR sends?

I've read guides like this one
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39183

and dussins more

I am able to copy the remote I already have with the harmony 555 with IR learn, but the problem which pops up all over the place aswell, it double sends the keys, which is rather annoying.

So tought that I would try and find out which config file it was using so I could add the "min_repeat 1"... but seeing as the damn remote still works with Lirc off and even removed from the system, I have a feeling it might not be Lirc caling the shots? or...

Would really be thankfull if someone had some insight into this, or should I just toss the remote into the waste basket and call in the men in black and forget all about every trying to get it working

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] XBMC, Lirc and Remote problem0