Music library export file location and re-import
When selecting export from within the music settings, XBMC offers two options:
1: export into a single file
2: export to separate files

When I choose the 1st option, XBMC asks for the path to save the xml file, and I can import the library from this single file

With the 2nd option XBMC starts the export immediatly without asking for any path...
- So where are the export files stored?
- How do I import the library then?

There is a wiki article (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library), but it does not mention two options, and music library is handled very rudimentarily (as in many other cases unfortunately).

Thank you for any help Wink
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
The second option exports the info as nfo files that are copied to the same path where the associated media file/s is/are located. Optionally you can export thumbnails (as tbn files) and fanart (as jpg).

To import the library you need to scan your media files folders as you normally do when you scan folders to add content to the library. The difference is that XBMC will import the info from the nfo files and the thumbnails from the tbn instead of scraping them from the internet.
Bobby Blixberg Wrote:but it does not mention two options
XBMC Online Manual Wrote:The resulting XML nfo file and associated image files will then be exported to the location of the corresponding video files.

Replace video with media
(This was written before the separate option existed for music).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok. So exporting to separate files is no option for me because I have several folders with hundreds of MP3 files from several albums, but XBMC only exports one folder.jpg into these folders.
Apart from that my library is located on a NAS which is a mirror of my whole music on my desktop PC, synchronized with RoboCopy Wink
Sony KD-65A1
export only exports scraped information + thumbs. after all, the rest is read from the tags and is cheap to recreate.
Agreed.
Apart from that I use the backup script from here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59126

This should also bring back my library in case of data loss, system failure or something like this.
Sony KD-65A1
Sorry -should not have posted this in MAC forum

I exported my music database from my Linux XBMC and then imported into my Win7 XBMC. I noticed that the song ratings were not imported.

The export was performed as a single file. Noticing the XML export file had tags for album rating (this is scraped) but no tags for Song ratings.

Song ratings are the ratings to each song that the user sets and set when in song information window.

I would like to export these rating since they are used for defining complex playlists.

Any thoughts?

On the topic of export. How are the playlists exported?

-------------------------------------------------
Linux Lucid, XBMC DHARMA, SKIN Transparency
Win7, XBMC DHARMA, SKIN Transparency

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library export file location and re-import0