Using old CRT beamer NO DDC Need to force a resolution
I have a Asus M3N motherboard with what Asus is calling Dual VGA output.

It means I can have 1 HDMI connection AND use The VGA port at the same time. But not HDMI and DVI thats oke.

First problem :

If I connect a VGA monitor The HDMI port will not connect. If HDMI is connected and I plug in VGA there is no VGA signal. No bios settings etc to select this.

Second problem

I still use a CRT beamer That uses a BNC - RGB -HV connection. This old Beamer can handle 720p and 1080I But the picture is better using 720P so that's my goal here.

The beamer is not using DDC information that means it's not sending information to the HTPC telling it what kind of resolutions it can use. It the past I used a I2c eprom from a old LCD monitor but it died leaving me with no alternative but to force a resolution.

Connect it to my HTPC with XBMC gives me 640x480. How do I force A higher resolution on my VGA port and leaving the HDMI untouched?

And how can I use both ports on this motherboard or is Asus lying about this feature? I you have any insights please let me know.
Case: Ahanix MCE301 Mainboard: M3N78-VM :CPU X2 4200 MHz SSD: 2x OCZ agility 30G Ram: 2G Remote: MS MCE. MSI Geforece 210 & Asrock 330 ION.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using old CRT beamer NO DDC Need to force a resolution0