Installation Help
I have a dell precision workstation 360. It has a pentium 4 2.8ghz, 256mb of ram, and a NVIDIA Quadro NVS and AGP8x. I download the install file from the windows link at http://www.xbmc.org. The program installs fine and then when you go to open the program it gets a error that says XBMC encountered a error and must close. The screen goes back and then it closes. I have unistalled and reinstalled several times. Please advise.
It appears that the software thinks pc is running windows NT build 5.1:2600. The PC is running XP Pro service pack 3. When i click on the errors it says pc information and that is where i got the windows NT from. Attached you will also find a file that the error pointed me to. Any help would be great. No attachement it will not let me.
During the software setup there are 2 options store files in your folder or store them in c:\programfiles\xbmc
I have taken the second option this time and here is the error that I am getting now.

XBMC: Error
CreateFile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Application Data\XBMC\xbmc_crashlog-20100319-163754.dmp' failed with error id 3

I have installed it on an older pc running xp home and it works fine. Please advise.
andy16h Wrote:During the software setup there are 2 options store files in your folder or store them in c:\programfiles\xbmc
I have taken the second option this time and here is the error that I am getting now.

XBMC: Error
CreateFile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Application Data\XBMC\xbmc_crashlog-20100319-163754.dmp' failed with error id 3

I have installed it on an older pc running xp home and it works fine. Please advise.

Firstly Windows xp is NT build 5.1:2600 so no problem with that.
All i can suggest is updating your directX drivers to 9c and install more ram
Finally if it still wont work post the xbmc.log or the crashlog to pastebin or similar
And repost then hopefully one of the devs will take a look at it.Huh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
the xbmc_crashlog-20100319 does not exist or I'm not smart enought to find it. I could not locate the XBMC.log file either. I found a file xbmc.txt and it is in a pastebin below. If other information is needed please let me know where to locate it. The pc is running directx 9c.
http://pastebin.com/AzgLqL6k
I have upgraded the ram to 2.0gb and I still have the same problems. Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installation Help0