Slow movie thumbnail scrolling (windows 7)
Hi
I'm new to all this and have just built my first media center which i'm slowly filling.

The problem is when i scroll through the movies it seems very slow to refresh the movie image thumbnails no matter what type of view i use.

My setup is

xbmc 9.11 (used the xbmc-9.11.exe to install)
Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (used the XBMCSetup-Rev27556-dx.exe to install)
I've not changed any options.

Windows 7 x64 ultimate (all with latest drivers)
Biostar Ideq 201p (Motherboard is a nforce 3)
amd 64 3000
Radeon 9500 agp
2gb corsair LED ram
200 gig sata windows Hard drive (xbmc install on this drive)
1.5 tb western digital green hard drive (storage for media)
Logitech diNovo Mini
Also having this problem... Fanart Background takes forever to change and and while scrolling in showcase flow view the posters will duplicate, or be transparent or show the wrong one until it finally loads the right one

XBMCSetup-Rev29443-dx.exe
Aeon65 1.0

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.20ghz
RAM: 1.5gb
GPU: Nvidia 8800 GTS 512mb
200GB harddrive
500GB External
I believe you might be seeing a feature that during scrolling (if going fast enough) the fan art is not switched, until you stop scrolling. I believe it was to cut down on the amount of textures being switched out on the UI. It makes the actual scrolling much smoother on your less powerful systems with integrated graphics.

Also, since you guys are running Win 7, I highly recommend making sure that XBMC is running in true full screen mode, and not in a full screen window. I know that with my system, doing so was much much smoother animation-wise.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow movie thumbnail scrolling (windows 7)0