• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited
Bugger......might have to shut up shop early to get home and get this installed Big Grin

The best just got better
can any1 make a mod where the usa mpaa rating flags are used on the info page? (R, PG, G, NR, etc)
cant wait to get this on my asrock! looks f***ing awesome!
Hitcher,
Looking really nice! I tried it and am missing one huge feature for me (or maybe I'm missing it)...

Your Alaska Revisited does not have the Info / Now Playing menu option?
... In the original Alaska - I queue items, then go to Info and the Now Playing screen, then start playing them. Is there a better way or is the feature just missing?

I really need this since I queue several kids learning videos at one time for my son to watch.

thx!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Could you add root directory name Alaska Revisited to rar file. It is messed if I extract to skin directory Smile
queeup Wrote:Could you add root directory name Alaska Revisited to rar file. It is messed if I extract to skin directory Smile

Just unrar correctly in the subdir... that's pretty standard to any zip/unzip program.
Livin Wrote:Hitcher,
Looking really nice! I tried it and am missing one huge feature for me (or maybe I'm missing it)...

Your Alaska Revisited does not have the Info / Now Playing menu option?
... In the original Alaska - I queue items, then go to Info and the Now Playing screen, then start playing them. Is there a better way or is the feature just missing?

I really need this since I queue several kids learning videos at one time for my son to watch.

thx!

Sorry but I did state this wasn't a complete skin -

Hitcher Wrote:...a personal version of Alaska

...be warned it's far from being a complete skin (I've only coded the parts I use) and I wont be offering any real support either.
Hitcher Wrote:Sorry but I did state this wasn't a complete skin -

I understand... I assumed you were moding the existing skin and I saw all the other menu options were there so I figured it was a bug or I was doing something wrong.

If you do get to put it back in soon cool, if not I'll continue to use the original Alaska until you get to it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Someone missed the point somewhere here. Not gonna say who.
Hitcher! This is awesome! Many thanks!!
I like this a lot, guess my new mainskin is born Smile. In another topic a few weeks earlier, you showed this file view in combination with extrathumbs. Is that actually working in this 'Revisited' version?
Dannydeman Wrote:I like this a lot, guess my new mainskin is born Smile. In another topic a few weeks earlier, you showed this file view in combination with extrathumbs. Is that actually working in this 'Revisited' version?
I was just suggesting it would make a good candidate for modding to use extrathumbs.

just a question. This version doesnt include any shutdown/exit/restart menu on the homepage?

Also has anyone figured out an easy way to fix the slow fanart on ubuntu?
Hi Hitcher,

thank you for this Version of Alaska. This one seems for me, that it was made from one piece of wood ... Everything fits together. Nod

But i have a question. You use a german translation which is a little bit buggy to the revisited version. I would like to translate it right. Makes this sence or will there be no further support from you in case of the translation placeholders.

Please go on and bring this Alaska Version to new limits.Wink

Efty
I agree to all of the people here man...you're doing a great job here, this skin rocks.
Why not supporting it further with a small group of people, and get it developped much further than it already is.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited8