[request] Index / JumpTo for music & videos
For those of us with large libraries we REALLY need a way to quickly jump through a long list, using a remote.

I ask that the skin incorporate a way to easily choose a letter to jump to. Similar to this example from another 10ft media manager...

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Seems to me that to jump to "M" requires at least 14 button presses. Use SMS input instead.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Seems to me that to jump to "M" requires at least 14 button presses. Use SMS input instead.

JM,
The devs/skinners often forget techies have families/children/guests and solutions given should account for this IMO.
SMS = not at all friendly for families/children/guests.

and I'll gladly take 14 button presses (or a few page up/down) vs many more when people's libraries are many 1000s of songs/albums/etc
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Never too late to learn how to mod a skin yourself.
Likely no one else is going to do it for ya.
Um, 5 year olds know how to SMS nowadays, it's not rocket science. My point was that the above interface just doesn't really work well with a remote control. It's a hell of a lot faster to move RIGHT then up/down through the pages. Or there's next/prev letter, or SMS jumping. Choose the method that works best for you.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[request] Index / JumpTo for music & videos0