Plan for handling weather scripts
1. currently weather scripts do not work. i have a patch to fix this. (the path isn't being created properly. and it's saving name not ID())

2. all scripts are listed in the weather source selection spinner. (i have a patch for this.)

3. the settings option is commented out. is this permanent? having it there is very convienient.

do you already have a plan for this? does it work the way you want (except for the path not being valid for a script and ID(1)). if not i can submit the patch.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Hey Nuka,

There's two plans - one for Dharma, and one for post Dharma.

For Dharma, the plan is just to get it working. This involves steps 1 and 2 above, essentially either via a content flag in the xbmc.python.scripts extension point, or via a custom extension point xbmc.python.weather. I suspect the latter. If you have patches to do this (or even something that could be used as a starting point) that'd be great. We need to do similar things for the subtitles and recently added scripts.

Then we should ideally change the skin switches (and the weather switch) to spinners that just show "None" "Script 1" etc. (obviously with nice names). Settings are done as per usual via the addons interface, though we can probably add direct links from elsewhere should that be wanted.

After Dharma, the ideal would be for the entire Weather section to be pushed out into an addon, and make it so that it doesn't rely specifically on python necessarily - that way the user can use Weather.com+ without having to have the rest of it there. This is obviously quite a bit more work (eg how to integrate the skin side of it), so a lot of thought has to go into it Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9282

this should be better ready for dharma, the way i did it.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Just an update: I have added <supportedcontent> with "weather" and we use that to lookup the weather script. I've also added "lyrics", "subtitles", and "recentlyadded".

Lastly, I'll add a skin function skin.setaddon(content) which will display the select dialog with a switch between "None" and whatever scripts are available that support that content.

Will mail you regarding recently added later tonight - it'd be nice to have a script that every skin can use - I believe many of them make alterations to the script of one kind or another.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plan for handling weather scripts0