[Windows] HDMI Failed to Initialize Audio
joshuass Wrote:Dude, awesome find. I know I could use this! Big Grin

Thanks. No thanks. Wink

Ilve bind this HDMIyo program at a task in Eventghost. Now it resets My HDMI link after changing screenmodes.
So if I start a movie it changes the refrshrate of the file and forces a reset. No problems anymore.
Tried HDMIYo and it does reset the HDMI but it doesn't solve my audio problem.
Today I created a "XBMC On" and "XBMC Off" button on the remote so the misses has an easy workaround available if the audio won't initialize.
I've got the same problem.
System setup is as follows:

ACER Aspire Revo 3600 (Windows 7 32-Bit) connected via HDMI to a Samsung LE46B650 TV (which is optically connected to a Teufel 5.1 system)

When playing a movie with DTS I'm getting this error while Analog playback works.
HDMI is chosen in XBMC's settings and works fine for playbacks of DVDs or simple AVIs. Only MKVs with DTS bring up this error.

Any idea how to fix this problem ?
Do I probably have to change any settings in ffdshow in Windows ?
I probably solved it
My settings which now work with movies with MP3, AC3, DTS, Dolby Digital, ... are as follows:

- Audio Output: HDMI
- Speaker Set: 5.1
- Boost Volume in Downmix: Off
- Receiver knows AAC: Off
- Receiver knows DTS: On
- Receiver knows MP1: Off
- Receiver knows MP2: Off
- Receiver knows MP3: Off
- Audio Device: Direct Sound (Digital HDMI)

Had no chance to check for 5.1 and DTS last night since it was late already but will do so tomorrow. Smile
I would just like to say thanks for pointing out that my receiver was responsible.
I was looking all over the place and even considered buying a new HDMI GPU!

I disabled HDMI control on my Denon AVR 1612 and everything is working now.
Here is how it should be configured in XBMC audio output-

1. HTPC-->HDTV via HDMI cable..... Audio output device-DirectSound: xxxx HDMI output (xxxx High Definition Audio Device)

2. HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables..... Audio output device-WASAPI: xxxx HDMI output (xxxx High Definition Audio Device)
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] HDMI Failed to Initialize Audio0