MySQL and Nightly Pre-Eden
I have been doing a lot of reading on this and seem to have it working with the database and the thumbnails, but I have one problem. When i begin to scan in my tv shows after it completes a series xbmx crashes and restarts.
Is there any fix for this? or is it just because of the nightly builds.

any help would be great

btw I am using a WHS for the mysql and xbmc live for the clients

Thanks
Check the Debug Log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I was checking the mysql log and I am getting the following error

xbmc_videoEDIT `xbmc_video`.`studiolinkmovie`;

would that cause it to crash
Here is my debug log, I see an error with the thumbnails would that be causing the problem?

http://pastebin.com/bdcQTip6
Well I got it working by importing my database but it crashes when i populates from scratch no idea why, any help would be great
HR,
You are not alone, I dumped all the tables and started up xbmc again. It recreated the tables just as expected. When scanning for new content, it sometimes adds one item to the db then crashes, sometimes it's three or four then crashes (restarts). It is consistent on two instances of xbmc on two different versions of ubuntu using the 12 June GIT. I can provide a crashlog but it is essentially the same as what Harry is seeing.

Update: There are no errors listed in the crashlog. it does the db commits then simply restarts xbmc with no errors.
Yeah thats what happens to me, I was able to rescan and update my library again, but this time without any crashes, only difference was I had the thumbnails on the local machine. mysql is still on my WHS. I then shared out the thumbnails on the xbmc since it's that ones always on. This way the other 2 xbmc can get the thumbnails. Don't know why i can't get the thumbnails on the WHS share but at least it's working now, maybe it is just a bug.
Interesting, I still have my Thumbnails on a symbolic link in a directory together with the media files. Funny thing I also dumped my Music library db tables and the current GIT (13 June) is importing them without crashing. Right now movies can be scanned one at a time if I start in the library and choose "Update Library" if I start in files and choose "Scan for new content" I can import as many as 4 movies before it crashes. All this with an abrupt stop in the logs with no error messages at all. Every single crashlog ends th same way with the last line being ExcludeFileorFolder while scanning a movie trailer.

Update: I just noticed that when it scans in four or so movies it is because they do not have any trailers. Every movie that has a trailer crashes xbmc when added to the library. All my trailers are in the format moviename-trailer.mp4. No file exclusion, no crash! Is that something you are seeing also?
very weird, I don't download any trailers at all. and my movies crashed too. it must be the way it tries to save the thumbnails using the symbolic link or a shared folder thats causing the crash, if it's local no problems
reading in another section i found more people having problems with xbmc compiled after june 11th git. they are crashing too

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103427
I was just told that the update library bux has been fixed in the latest git, so just compile the latest and it should be fine, i am compiling it now and will test it out tonight.
I tried today's build, but maybe the changes you are talking about did not make it into GIT before the build. I'll try tomorrow's...
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
I am also on yesterday's build and it still crashed. But this time it crashed importing some music videos as I only had 1 movie to import The log shows it was loading Video Fanart at the time of the crash but otherwise no error messages (Actually there are 3 error messages in the 13000 line crashlog, but they are early on and pertain to libcrystalhd.so.3, JSONRPC Server: Failed to connect to sdpd, and an error about eden-pre addons.)
I haven't had time to go up to latest, i just went back to the june 9th build.

using this version and working fine

git checkout a481848d5fccfd2b871c8dc6076cd575da9594c5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL and Nightly Pre-Eden0