[WINDOWS] Shared pictures won't show up in PS3
Hi guys!

I have XBMC Rev28275 build running great in Win7 but the shared photofolder doesn't show up in PS3. I have UPnP server ticked on. PS3 can see the Music and Video folders just fine but photos don't show up anywhere.

I've looked at the settings a dozen times and can't see what else could I configure to make it work.

(I used to have Twonky running on a Buffalo NAS and it shared photos to PS3 succesfully, so I know that it _should_ be possible)
Ok, let's ask another way: are you sharing your photofolders in XBMC via uPnP and can you view them with your PS3?

In PS3 menus I can see the "XBCM Media server" under the Pictures submenu but under it there are only Music and Video Libraries.
Doesn't anyone have a comment about should this even work or not?

Ok, I tried PS3 media server and it succesfully shared also the pictures folders to my PS3.
I have to live with this hybrid solution until I can get the xbmc picture sharing to work...
As far as I'm aware you can only share your Library (ie Movies, TV Shows and Music).
Thanks, I was afraid of that.

I know XBMC isn't a fileserver but for the sake of completeness it would be nice to include photos to the Library that can be shared via uPnP - even a basic folder tree would serve well Smile
Question 
McInen Wrote:Thanks, I was afraid of that.

I know XBMC isn't a fileserver but for the sake of completeness it would be nice to include photos to the Library that can be shared via uPnP - even a basic folder tree would serve well Smile

Sadbummer: I just discovered the pleasure of dlna media sharing with XBMC that I use with my Ipad and I am so disappointed that we cannot share pictures.
It would be great though to show them off when receiving guests.

Is XBMC a dead-end re this feature?
if yes, should I use another dlna server that includes this features yet be as great as XBMC?(and free of course).

All advice will be welcome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Shared pictures won't show up in PS31