• 6(current)
Ellipsis Latest Public Version: 1.2.1 02 Feb '11 (SVN Revision 3172) (Archived)
cool, is it a work intensive task? I am not skinning, so yeah, is it days of work, weeks, or months?

cheers
toby77jo Wrote:cool, is it a work intensive task? I am not skinning, so yeah, is it days of work, weeks, or months?

cheers

Ellipsis 1.3 is weeks away, months even. Its by no means an easy task, plus as I'm doing this alone it will take longer, plus I'll have to fit it into my spare time!
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Personally I think two views done exceptionally well is better than five done poorly.

Just want one more for the music section Wink
This skin is a beauty. The only thing I'm missing (which is preventing me from using it full time) is the absence of support for the subtitles addon. Any chance someone can point me in the right direction on how to add support for this addon?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:This skin is a beauty. The only thing I'm missing (which is preventing me from using it full time) is the absence of support for the subtitles addon. Any chance someone can point me in the right direction on how to add support for this addon?

From what I understand it's in there. You have to enable it on the Skin settings page.
The old 'script' method is used in the skin settings to select the script. The addons directory containing the addon resides in the hidden ".xbmc" directory in the home dir of the xbmc user. A hidden directory is not visible in XBMC, so I can't select the addon. In the default skin a list with possible addons to use is displayed. The name of the addons are displayed, not a file browser to select the path to the script.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I have a windows installation of a Dharma nightly. How do I go about installing yout skin into it? Love the look of it, but dont want to sacrifice DXVA to be able to use it.
I'm unable to install Addons. When I select a addon to install nothing happens.
And I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction to add support for the subtitles addon Smile

Bram77, installeer de subtitle addon met een andere skin die wel addons aankan,
zet in settings>appearance de optie 'show hidden files' aan,
en blader dan met het script naar c:\user\...\roaming\XBMC\addons\xbmc subtitles\
en selecteer de default.py, bij mij werkt het zo. Succes.
ok, i have been playing around with the pre-release 1.2 .. all I can say is, this is crafted by a master mind, it just simply rules, there are no other skins that break the barrier like ellipsis ... hmm i was like, playing around, went back to alaska revisited, night, rapier by qualar .. it just felt so way behind ellipsis to use them, although before i had the same love for them .. now, only one project really can threaten ellispis as my favourite in the future, Welo and Fusion, but they are not coming anytime soon I believe...

Just one question, when is ellipsis getting updated for version 1.2 via svn for the addons to work correctly?

cheers mate
one request would be to have jewel case overlay bluray, dvd etc in the movie views.. any chance to get that in?
toby77jo Wrote:one request would be to have jewel case overlay bluray, dvd etc in the movie views.. any chance to get that in?

We're looking at it, but to honest with you, little things like that wouldn't be consider really till after 1.3.

My main focus is finishing 1.2, getting that out, then focusing on the 1.3 version with all the new view types. Then we can focus again on feature requests.
toby77jo Wrote:ok, i have been playing around with the pre-release 1.2 .. all I can say is, this is crafted by a master mind, it just simply rules, there are no other skins that break the barrier like ellipsis ... hmm i was like, playing around, went back to alaska revisited, night, rapier by qualar .. it just felt so way behind ellipsis to use them, although before i had the same love for them .. now, only one project really can threaten ellispis as my favourite in the future, Welo and Fusion, but they are not coming anytime soon I believe...

Just one question, when is ellipsis getting updated for version 1.2 via svn for the addons to work correctly?

cheers mate

Thanks for the comments, I can only think what you would have said if we had more view types!

1.2 is out within the next couple of weeks as soon as I finish coding the add-on information window and the add-on settings page, I also have a couple of niggling bugs to fix, mainly the fanart not showing properly when you're inside a TV show's season etc and another one involving our news page on the NAV.
Slurrrp Wrote:Bram77, installeer de subtitle addon met een andere skin die wel addons aankan,
zet in settings>appearance de optie 'show hidden files' aan,
en blader dan met het script naar c:\user\...\roaming\XBMC\addons\xbmc subtitles\
en selecteer de default.py, bij mij werkt het zo. Succes.

Thanks, should have thought of that myself Smile

I love this skin (and so does my girlfriend, it's got a serious WAF). It does feel a bit slow/heavy compared to most other skins. My feeling is that this is only because of the relatively slow animations. Is there a central place in the xml files where I can tweak the animation speeds? Or do I have to modify each xml file separately? I'm hoping to bring 'snappy' to the skin Smile

So to use this new elipsis I have to download each of the folders that blackbolt linked too? Is there not an easier way to make it available for those of us not particularly savvy with 'SVN' what ever that is?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis Latest Public Version: 1.2.1 02 Feb '11 (SVN Revision 3172) (Archived)0