• 7(current)
Ellipsis Latest Public Version: 1.2.1 02 Feb '11 (SVN Revision 3172) (Archived)
Information 
i love this skin. as per your (blackbolt) previous comment, I realise that all your time/effort is going into the next build(s). Just one feature I'd love to see included is the ability to navigate to a songs relevant album via the sub-menu. If I'm in party-mode, it'd be nice to be able to query a song, and have the option from the right-click menu (not sure what else to call it) to go the the album view that the song has originated from - that way you could theoretically add in more songs to your playlist from the same album

please shoot me down in flames if this has already been asked/is already available - im still new to this!
Bram77 Wrote:Thanks, should have thought of that myself Smile

I love this skin (and so does my girlfriend, it's got a serious WAF). It does feel a bit slow/heavy compared to most other skins. My feeling is that this is only because of the relatively slow animations. Is there a central place in the xml files where I can tweak the animation speeds? Or do I have to modify each xml file separately? I'm hoping to bring 'snappy' to the skin Smile

I will be looking into why some of the animations can sometimes 'stutter' or make it seem like XBMC is under a memory load. Ellipsis was coded from scratch by a first time XBMC coder and some parts that we did early on could possibly do with an overhaul with new skills and abilities learned, the animations could be one of these things. The skin should feel quick and slick! So we'll get there in the end.

garyi Wrote:So to use this new elipsis I have to download each of the folders that blackbolt linked too? Is there not an easier way to make it available for those of us not particularly savvy with 'SVN' what ever that is?

I've built a copy of the skin, bare in mind that this has the textures unpacked, not in a xbt file. It has been uploaded here.

smithr99 Wrote:i love this skin. as per your (blackbolt) previous comment, I realise that all your time/effort is going into the next build(s). Just one feature I'd love to see included is the ability to navigate to a songs relevant album via the sub-menu. If I'm in party-mode, it'd be nice to be able to query a song, and have the option from the right-click menu (not sure what else to call it) to go the the album view that the song has originated from - that way you could theoretically add in more songs to your playlist from the same album

please shoot me down in flames if this has already been asked/is already available - im still new to this!

That 'right-click menu' is called the Context Menu. We don't have control over what is listed in that menu, it maybe worth asking Team XBMC for this feature to be added to XBMC, it sounds like something many people could benefit from, not only yourself.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Thanks Blackbolt, I'll give it a try
Yep works a charm, thanks for that.
Great skin. I attached the spanish translation.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wnay216i134qccc

3 stuff i see:
- In svn "media\XBMCTex.bat" that is called from "Build.bat", so Texture.xpr is not build and nor Texture.xpr neither the images are copied to "media". Need a manual copy.
- In virtual keyboard, in IP window, OK y Cancel buttons don't have text labels only colors
- I think that some of the navigation buttons (like un/flattened, un/stacked) do nothing
I attached the spanish translation again (Fix a problem with utf-8 enconding)

http://www.mediafire.com/?bc4567l5mtru57r
@Blackbolt
Could you add this Korean language file in your great skin?
Download here -> strings.xml
emilio_rozas Wrote:Great skin. I attached the spanish translation.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wnay216i134qccc

3 stuff i see:
- In svn "media\XBMCTex.bat" that is called from "Build.bat", so Texture.xpr is not build and nor Texture.xpr neither the images are copied to "media". Need a manual copy.
- In virtual keyboard, in IP window, OK y Cancel buttons don't have text labels only colors
- I think that some of the navigation buttons (like un/flattened, un/stacked) do nothing

Thanks for the spanish file (I added your updated one), I'll address your concerns:

1. Fixed now.
2. This is by design. Green for GO, Red for Stop.
3. If they aren't doing anything at the moment, we'll fix em!

Thanks Wink
any news on an upcoming release ?
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

There's been a bit of production on Ellipsis in the past week, but as history has shown, whenever we make a date and don't make it due to real life commitments, people get annoyed. We've got a couple of bugs still to fix and then it will be released via the svn and the website.

One of the reasons its hard to work on ellipsis is that I've recently got a better job and its a bit further away from home, so commuting is disrupting my free time a little more. But we love ellipsis and we will never stop developing it until its done and then we'll probably still find things to add to it! Smile

We'll let you know in the forums here in this topic when the release is likely to happen, but when things do happen, they tend to move fast, so if we do know when its going to be released, its likely to be released when we announce it, if that makes any sense.
Blackbolt, keep it up.
A release would be cool,.......^^
Congrats with a new and better job blackbolt ! Smile

Nice to hear that you still working on this, bringing it up to support the functions of Dharma 10 final.

I love your vision for this skin and it has so much potential, it just need all that extra polishing Wink

Don't sweat it about deadlines, it's ready when it's ready, keep up the awesome
job with ellipsis !
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
We've released 1.2, check the first post in this thread.
Nice Release, working fine in my eyes, just some german chars are missing again Wink

in a few hours i hope i can finish my german translation, i'll post it here Smile
Nice!

Now, I would love some revolutionary views :-)
Good to have an Up2Date SVN-Link (THX!).

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis Latest Public Version: 1.2.1 02 Feb '11 (SVN Revision 3172) (Archived)0