• 8(current)
Ellipsis Latest Public Version: 1.2.1 02 Feb '11 (SVN Revision 3172) (Archived)
The new release looks good, with new feature additions. But, it needs to improve in adding subtitle script. In the upcoming release, I hope there will be a good banner view for TV shows. A fanart view will be good. I hope as the time goes by from this 1.2 release, more and more suggestions will come from users.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
A beautiful, beautiful skin... The updates and fixes are fantastic.... The only thing I'm looking forward to is a basic list view so I can see all the tracks at once when I enter an album in music library... I assume the one used for files view would work but am unsure how to patch it in.... Thanks again for all your work on this skin.... it really has a unique look and feel to it (and I love the time based background).
To get added to the official XBMC Add-on repository (so you can now update via XBMC directly), we've had to make a few slight updates. So we've updated to version 1.2.1, available from the website and from the official XBMC SVN.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Hi Blackbolt.

I may have missed something fundamental but when I select an addon, I still don't get any pop up window to install the addon. Is this for a later release?
garyi Wrote:Hi Blackbolt.

I may have missed something fundamental but when I select an addon, I still don't get any pop up window to install the addon. Is this for a later release?

Do you already have it installed? It's meant for Dharma so 10.0 onwards. If you already have the skin installed, maybe you have to uninstall it first.
Perhaps I'll try that. It did say 'ellipsis updated successfully' so I assumed it had worked.
Sorry guys but this skin has totally wigged out on me. I sat to watch some telly today and I noticed the skins ws randomly flashing for a split second some fan art from the tv shows folder.

I thought the simpliest thing would be too delete the skin and folder and download from the addons. It downloaded in like 2 seconds (?) and loaded to the same issue.
It wont get downloaded again unless you delete it from the packages folder.
I got it sorted in the end, thanks.
first of all:
this skin has the most potential of any skin that i have seen. it has an elegant interface, a low resource footprint and a fantastic simplicity of design. well done and kudos. seriously. i have been using xbmc for a long time and i have been a member of the boards for quite a while as well. This is the FIRST time i have ever posted.
excellent skin.

now then: Wink
I know you've heard it before and i'm sorry if it is getting old, however... the lack of view options gets old VERY fast.

If list and hybrid modes could be instituted (especially at song level within albums) this theme would become sublime. To each their own, naturally, but personally I cannot stand "vinyl" view at an individual file (song) level. Having the 'coverflow' effect for every single song on an album is just too much.

With the addition of these view options (and perhaps having Movies/Music/Photos reverting back to the root directory each time I go back to them instead of having to climb back out of whatever level of the structure I was last in) I would never change themes again. EVER. I would buy stock, I would stand on street corners and scream your name. I would have your children.

Until then, I just can't use it.
keep up the good work, looking forward to updates...
</rant>
~tc
More views are planned for v1.3 and try using ESC instead of BACKSPACE to get straight back to the home screen.
Hitcher Wrote:More views are planned for v1.3 and try using ESC instead of BACKSPACE to get straight back to the home screen.

<---waiting patiently for updates. Smile

and thanx for the tip, but what i actually meant is that if I escape out of music at an album or song level (for instance), when i go back in i am right back where i started. i completely understand why it might be set up that way i suppose.. just not to my tastes. primarily due to the fact that there are others in the household who prefer to browse by genre, while I most often go for artist or perhaps album view.

i suppose im not really expecting a change in that behaviour, i'll figure a way to hack it eventually, if i can ever get enough time to sit down and try to figure out which file the behaviour is specified in.

again, seriously nice work. thanx.
~tc
Nopes its failed again. Its some sort of bug which occurs when the screen turns off (I have it set in XBMC to turn off displays)

Once you wake from that the screen is flikering like mad on ellipsis.

Also Hitcher I cannot find a 'Packages' folder?
It should be in your addons folder.

Also, try turning off the Cerberus effect.
tc.m Wrote:first of all:
this skin has the most potential of any skin that i have seen. it has an elegant interface, a low resource footprint and a fantastic simplicity of design. well done and kudos. seriously. i have been using xbmc for a long time and i have been a member of the boards for quite a while as well. This is the FIRST time i have ever posted.
excellent skin.

now then: Wink
I know you've heard it before and i'm sorry if it is getting old, however... the lack of view options gets old VERY fast.

If list and hybrid modes could be instituted (especially at song level within albums) this theme would become sublime. To each their own, naturally, but personally I cannot stand "vinyl" view at an individual file (song) level. Having the 'coverflow' effect for every single song on an album is just too much.

With the addition of these view options (and perhaps having Movies/Music/Photos reverting back to the root directory each time I go back to them instead of having to climb back out of whatever level of the structure I was last in) I would never change themes again. EVER. I would buy stock, I would stand on street corners and scream your name. I would have your children.

Until then, I just can't use it.
keep up the good work, looking forward to updates...
</rant>
~tc

Thanks for the very kind comments. A lot of time, A LOT of time went into coding and designing the skin, so I am glad to see that people like yourself do appreciate it. We are going to be working on major updates with our next release 1.3, the main focus for this is viewtypes. We're taking all the best view types available, a few of our own new ideas and putting them into the next release along with other tweaks and improvements. You can be safe in the knowledge that Ellipsis 1.3 will be the ultimate version, with everything you could want and need in there.

tc.m Wrote:<---waiting patiently for updates. Smile

and thanx for the tip, but what i actually meant is that if I escape out of music at an album or song level (for instance), when i go back in i am right back where i started. i completely understand why it might be set up that way i suppose.. just not to my tastes. primarily due to the fact that there are others in the household who prefer to browse by genre, while I most often go for artist or perhaps album view.

i suppose im not really expecting a change in that behaviour, i'll figure a way to hack it eventually, if i can ever get enough time to sit down and try to figure out which file the behaviour is specified in.

again, seriously nice work. thanx.
~tc

We'll look at improving this so it returns you to where you once where, rather than just back to the root folder.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis Latest Public Version: 1.2.1 02 Feb '11 (SVN Revision 3172) (Archived)0