Looking for a solution
Im hoping to find a solution to my problem on here from you guys. Basically I have a distance issue. Currently I run XBMC off my pc in my room while I have a 54" HDTV about 100' away. Im looking to watch full 1080P large mkv and m2ts files.

Im trying to determine whats my best option?

100ft HDMI cable with what seems to be a called a booster?

Buy an HTPC I have been looking into this option for awhile now but absolutely clueless on what to buy. I have been looking into the those 330 atom dual cores with the nvidia ion. Problem is i here reviews on it back and forth about people able and not able to play full 1080 HD content and now with this GPU decoding support its confusing me even more. I'd like my pc to have no trouble with nothing i throw at it

Any other suggestions?

Not that it matters my current pc specs are

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz
3.00 Gb of Ram
ATI Readon 3XXX something i think

Thanks
I think you are on the right track with wanting an HTPC by your TV. You can easily prepare movies on your regular PC and then transfer files to your HTPC.

I believe the 330 atom boxes with Linux really don't suggest any playback issue if you get the software configured correctly. The challenges are of the latter. You might want to look at those threads related to the Asrock prebuilts for a starter.

I have a more expensive and yet less useful system at present - Mac Mini. It does everything I need and can play back 1080p content very well. The caveat is that there is no HDMI so you need to work around with adaptors and cable setc. Also, if your TV supports 24p or has 120/240 refresh offerings, one needs to make sure the Mac (with OSX) can be configured to playback in that mode. (1080p@24)

If I were to buy a system now, I would be looking at the 330 Atom or the newer versions now on the market. The Nvidia G2xx GPU might be of interest to help future-proof the purchase.

Just my peanuts from the gallery

- Phrehdd
Was looking at purchasing this bare bones kit. In regards to this refresh issue i have connected my other pc several times to use xbmc with my pc and it ran just fine so would this HTPC run well on my HDTV

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/S...u=B69-1146
That PC and XBMCLive will give you 1080p without a problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a solution0