Can 'Sharp' and 'Star' be remapped in Keyboard.xml?
@argh!: is your remote a VRC-1100? I ask because this remote generates a # keypress by sending alt-numpad 3 then 5 i.e. hold down the alt key and type 35 on the numeric keypad.

If so, XBMC can't handle characters generated by this method, but you can map an action to alt-5 and the end result will work i.e. pressing the # button will execute whatever action you've mapped to alt-5.

The * button on the VRC-1100 sends a numpad * keypress. XBMC v10.1 interprets this as an "8" keypress because * and 8 share the same key. The current development builds, and in due course v11.0, handle this correctly so you can map an action to <numpadtimes>.

JR
Well, the actual remote I'm using is a Logitech Harmony 650, but yes, a VCR-1100 is programmed as the MCE remote.

I'm just trying to get single keypresses for 'ShowSubtitles' and 'NextSubtitle', and I currently do not use my "Guide" and "E" Harmony remote buttons.

I find that i almost never use the number buttons, so I don't mind losing number8.

Okay I changed these lines in my keyboard.xml, but I get no change. Guide (*) still does nothing, and E (#) still only brings up that Total/Elapsed time thing at teh top of the screen. Yet i see no duplicates for those keys in my keyboard.xml. I also removed the original reference to "number8" yes, I'm using the .xml in the Userdata folder

Changes:

<number8>ShowSubtitles</number8>
<number5 mod="alt">NextSubtitle<number5>

I can only assume that binding with the ALT key is the same as ctrl and shift, so I followed the same method... but clearly, I'm doing something wrong.

I love XBMC to bits, but getting over some of these hurdles get frustrating. Yay for this awesome and helpful community.
Grab KeyMapEdit from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ to make editing keymaps easier.

As it happens I use a VRC-1100 receiver with a Hamrony 300, so my setup is very similar to yours. The keymap I use is:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <five mod="alt">contextmenu</five>
      <eight>info</eight>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

You had the right idea, but you got the key tags wrong. "Number8" is the action that generates an "8" not the name of the eight key.

JR
Awesome! It all works great now. I wish i knew about keymap edit earlier. I already grabbed two other programs for that site.. not sure why i didn't clue in about the obviously-named keymapedit.exe

Plus, NextSubtitle enables and disables the subs, so now i have an extra button to exploit.

thank you kindly, my good man! (woman?) well no matter. thank you very much.

Ah! I can use that other key for cycling through audio tracks.

Hugs.
argh! Wrote:thank you kindly, my good man! (woman?) well no matter. thank you very much.

I'm actually an AI. I've got my Turing test booked next Wednesday.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can 'Sharp' and 'Star' be remapped in Keyboard.xml?0