xbmc live install help
Ive been an xbmc user on xbox for years but am a complete newb when it comes to xbmc live and linux. I recently bought an acer aspire revo 3610 and am having a lot of problems installing xbmc live. I have been trying two builds, the 9.11 repack from the xbmc website and xbmcfreaks xbmcfreak911livev13.iso. I initially tried Unetbootin to create a bootable usb and was unable to get it to work but have had no problems installing to usb from cds/dvds. I've created a whole bunch of bootable usb's but when they boot I am presented with just two options:
Ubuntu kernel generic and
Ubuntu kernel generic (recovery mode)

Booting either one will launch xbmc live but with no sound or network access (via ethernet cable) and my mce remote will not work either (wich works fine on other installations).
What I really feel would help me along is if I could figure out how to install to the revo hdd from the usb, if I could get the same options up as I get on the cd/dvd.
I've read through a bunch of revo specific xbmc live installation guides and tried various bios settings but cant seem to find anything that deals with my issue. The revo has linpus linux currently installed with P01-A4L version bios
Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Huh
ended up using a minimal ubuntu install and xci.sh script to get around this and things are mostly working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc live install help0