• 9(current)
Adding new password dialog to protect share access
why do you want to be able to lock xlink kai exactly??
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i was just thinking its another area which could be prompted for login....i do realize there is a loging set in the settings section...and that the xlink server needs to be running...it was mainly just a thought...

i no one sees the value in it, then i'm fine without it also....
slacker,

still no context menus...

just to clarify...i am on the top-level menu (programs, settings...its the start page).....i press the "white" button on the controller and nothing happens....

i assume everything is enabled now, since my bookmark lock is working....

not sure if i am doing something wrong...but that's what i am doing and its top-of-tree cvs....

is there any debug info? do i need to set a certain level if there is....

thx!
my point was why were you wanting to lock kai?

just because it's another thing that could be locked, isn't a reason why it should be locked!

and to sort your other issue, you need to be in the root of the section you wish to add a lock to.

ie in my videos, in the root folder (where your shares are listed).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

the why would be to lock out my child from bypassing my bookmark lock on a directory...

ok so heres the scenario....

1. locked out of f:\games\mature
2. go into kai integration....it shows entries for saved games..possibly games from the mature dir
3. find an arena and click play...
4. whether or not you join an arena, the game will be launched...effectively bypassing the lock.....

so if you were able to lock the xlink integration all together, then there is no way to launch the game......(assuming i've locked out anything which could browse the dirs....i think you get my drift.....) .. its a backdoor....

does that make sense?
yep, and that's exactly why i asked.

the issue is not with kai being a backdoor, rather the issue is that you are able to run any xbe through a variety of methods, each of which don't check for a passcode.

the solution, therefore, should be to check in the runxbe() function as to whether or not the .xbe is suitable for the person running it before it is launched.

cheers,
jonathan

oh i see where you are going...

so in other words providing a low-level configuration on an actual xbe level as to what is appropriate to run with/without a lockcode....

i hadn't thought of that....is this across the board to xbmc or only the xlink integration...(runxbe() method you spoke of)
i'm still ruminating on it really.

cheers,
jonathan

thinking about it more....ideally if a lock is set on a dir (or share), then an attempt to run anything under that should prompt for a lockcode....regardless of where you are in xbmc ...

not sure if everything goes to the same spot though...i.e. runxbe()

my guess would be no.....
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding new password dialog to protect share access0