Will Xperience support the pvr frontend down the line?
The Xperience skin has become my favourite skin (love the poster view!) but am just wondering if the Xperience team have any plans to support the pvr frontend when its fully incorporated into xbmc?
I really hope so. It's going to be a huge new feature and I can see a lot of people not using it if it means they can't use the PVR functionality.
moontan77 Wrote:The Xperience skin has become my favourite skin (love the poster view!) but am just wondering if the Xperience team have any plans to support the pvr frontend when its fully incorporated into xbmc?

Thank you! And as far as your question please see below.

Solarisphere Wrote:I really hope so. It's going to be a huge new feature and I can see a lot of people not using it if it means they can't use the PVR functionality.

The team would love to have support for every feature as possible, however I am not familiar with what a PVR Frontend is. That being said to me it must not be that popular a feature?
XBMCG33K Wrote:Thank you! And as far as your question please see below.

The team would love to have support for every feature as possible, however I am not familiar with what a PVR Frontend is. That being said to me it must not be that popular a feature?

The PVR Frontend is a two part feature

1) It incorporates the new Addons framework (theres some new menus under Settings that Xperience does not support)

2) It allows you to now watch Live TV, with a Guide, etc, I think its fair to say that there is definitely interest in this department especially if the GUI/Skin is done well.

It will let people move away from MyhTV or Windows Media Center etc.
PVR: http://telewizor.eu/video.html would be a great asset! Im switching between confluence/xperience everytime we watch TV, wife actually knows now the difference between the skins Smile
XBMCG33K Wrote:The team would love to have support for every feature as possible, however I am not familiar with what a PVR Frontend is. That being said to me it must not be that popular a feature?

Sort of unclear how popular it will be, I know that for myself in Canada I couldn't care less(just try finding a TV Tuner card, you just can't), in the US it's a bit more of a deal(CableCard ostensibly gives the options).
XBMCG33K Wrote:Thank you! And as far as your question please see below.

it will be very popular once its integrated into xbmc especially in Europe. Heres a video someone has of it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPffvhht2RY

If the xperience team themselves dont add support for it, then hopefully someone creates a mod for it. As I really want a skin that does everything including tv!
The problem I can see is if skinners never use these add-ons we've no way of coding/testing them.
I agree. I would love to develope a pvr section, but that means I now have to get a tv tuner for my htpc just to do this. I personally would hardly use it. I think it is a feature that will need to be done as xbmc progesses, but until it is a permanent feature I will keep it on the back burner.
Just wanted to ask kindly if theres a new status relating to the pvr-trunk and skins by Team-Blackbolt in general?
Ive loved the Ellipsis-Skin but in the last 6 Months since I used the PVR-Testing my Skin-Choices were good in quality (Confluence and Transparency) but a bit flawed in quantity.
So, any of you skinners using or testing the PVR-Trunk?
Currently no as i don't have any way of coding in the PVR screen or testing it as i have not tv card nor need one that's what tv is for lol.

sorry
I'm sure someone is willing to make a mod, and if it's good enough I'll add it to the official SVN.
Hi,

your latest release Xperience1080 is fu**ing awesome ! I'd really love to use it .. but my HTPC is a satellite tuner too so I need a skin that features PVR (you know - it's called W.A.F. - wife acceptance factor Wink ) ..

.. in 2010 you didn't see a reason to support it, but now, with EDEN 11.0 but no later than 12.0 PVR will become an official part of XBMC and PVR is widely used (and stable even with experimental builds) at least in Europe .. what do you think - is there a chance Nod ..

So long

LAstCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will Xperience support the pvr frontend down the line?0