I think I broke my XBMC :-(
Complete Linux and XBMC noob here, have been struggling to get to grips recently having bought and Acer REvo with the intent of making one of them shiney nice HTPC's you see on youtube, they are nice aren't they?

So I finally get XBMC installed and working, adding some sources into the films section, set the content on them so their info was updated off the net, then thought I'd have a little play with the different views when in the movie section, then bam! XBMC closes itself down. Not to worry I thought, it's not the first time It's done that on me (the first worrying sign perhaps?), started it back up and all looks fine, except for whenever I go into the movies section now, XBMC crashed back to the Ubuntu desktop.

I had the Showmix skin running at the time, but the same thing happens no matter which Aeon skin I seem to be running.

I followed these instructions for installation, here here here, everythign seemed to work ok, except when I ran the './asmupdate.sh' command in the terminal, before updating the skins I got the following:

./asmconfig.sh: 17: AAGIT: not found
./asmconfig.sh: 19: AAGIT: not found
./asmconfig.sh: 21: AAGIT: not found
./asmconfig.sh: 23: AAGIT: not found

But the skins did seem to install all the same, or so I thought?

Anyway, I'm running Jaunty and have pasted the latest XBMC crash log here:

http://pastebin.com/a0unC3xT

Any help would be most grateful, I really don't want this project to get the better of me Sad

Many Thanks guiys, please ask if you need any other info from me.

Nick
Oh, and please tell me if this is in the wrong place!
You say the problem persists on "any Aeon skin." Have you tried using a non-Aeon skin? (i.e. one of the defaults?)

Also, the only thing I see in your crash log is that it crashes at this point:

Quote:16:47:57 T:2883091344 M:1401196544 ERROR: InputStream: dvd streams not supported for thumb extraction, file: /home/nick/Videos/CHANGELING.iso

Is there any chance that this file is the problem? Try removing it from your library?

I'd try a combination of changing skins and combing your logs for files that might be causing the problem like this one. It's a guess, but hopefully it helps point you in a new direction.
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
Hey, Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a go a bit later. And the link in your signature looks like it could be useful to me too, so I'll be giving that a good perusal later!Big Grin

Out of interest, what skin do you use?

Thanks again buddy!
My current favorite is the Alaska skin, though I also like the Rapier Qualar Mod (find both with a quick Google).
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
That Alaska skin looks really nice and clean, my kinda thing, might give it a go later.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I think I broke my XBMC :-(0