[Request] new gen of AQTbrowser
message deleted.
ohh.i read your side post now.--never mind
oh c'mon... don't give up when you're so close :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i might try again later when the xbmc python implementation has been changed; it freeze the whole xbox without giving reasons, the debug window (console) doesn't show the complete stdout, xmbc.player().play() behaves hereticaly, etc.
the python script i have works without problem on my mac, but it doesn't work on xbmc.
anyone who want to use my xbmcxmlqt.py 'library' is free to do so. i personally won't work anymore on this. wasted enough time as it is.
hi,

i will cross fingers you will have the chance to complete your script... :kickass:
i tried another approach...
i thought i might be able to preload everything, save it in a data file, and have aqtbrowser load the movies from there.
my mac can load the whole 1026 trailers information in 50 secs. xbmc hangs at the 3rd or 4th category. i can't go see if anything appeared in the python console in xbmc, since xbmc itself is frozen. if the python console was logged to file as xbmc.log is, that would help.
xbmc also seems to have a problem when i try to load all the categories in parallel (using threading - enable that by using the flag at the top of the script). maybe it's the same problem and it hits the problem faster that way... who knows.
if an xbmc developer can debug my script and tell me why it makes xbmc hangs, or if someone can add python stdout output to a file on disk, like xbmc.log (and xmbc.old.log), then i'll continue working on this.
until then, i'll continue using aqtbrowser.py

test script for anyone who wants to try to help me:
http://pub.abuserz.com/xmlqt_preload_text_1.rar
the "xbmc" module has two functions

xbmc.log(string) --outputs to xbmc.log at log level 6
xbmc.output(string) --outputs to xbmc.log at log level 1

the log level is set in xboxmediacenter.xml...

-ast
i'm already using output for all my print()... but it doesn't help that much when xbmc just hangs.... appart from inserting an output() between each line of code, i can't really know what line is the problem... and even then, it doesn't tell me what the problem is...
no other python developer willing to lend a hand or two to mouton :o
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i did use the 'insert-a-debug-line-between-each-line-of-code' technique and was finally able to make this work!
memoryerror was the problem apparently. i don't know how much memory python scripts can use on xbmc, but mine was apparently using too much. i was able to lower that by unlink()ing my dom documents when i'm done with them, and by limiting the number of threads running at the same time.
now that i'm able to download the actual data (which takes around 3-4 minutes to complete), i'll try to save it to a file and allow the user to trigger an update whenever he feels like it.

i though it would be useful to be able to mark movies as 'i-wanna-see'. dunno yet if python on xbmc has a way to easily select an item in a list, but at worst, i'll make a button 'mark last played trailer'. that way, i'll be able to watch trailers, mark the movies i wanna see, and refer to that list in the future.
bam! :thumbsup:
finally!!

todo:
- dialog visual (it's black now)
- ask whoever did the pm2 background3.png to remove the apple logo, since there's buttons there now. if you know who it is, please ask him for me and report back. Smile thx!
- add the 'i-wanna-see' feature
- add update button

you can get it from http://www.xbmcscripts.com

enjoy!
really nice stuff!

a couple of comments

on the screen where you sometimes have multiple trailers for 1 movie, is it possible to get names for the diff trailers?

for fullscreen trailers, possible to add an (optional) download before start playing ? (flash's aqt has this)

also, this is offtopic, but now that you know how to do the xml parsing Wink there's also a musicvideo section on that site Confusedaint:

(pike @ mar. 30 2005,16:39 Wrote:on the screen where you sometimes have multiple trailers for 1 movie, is it possible to get names for the diff trailers?
sadly enough, not really. they're not anywhere in the xml data. itunes uses graphics and link the graphic to the trailer.

(pike @ mar. 30 2005,16:39 Wrote:for fullscreen trailers, possible to add an (optional) download before start playing ? (flash's aqt has this)
i'll probably allow downloading of any trailer, probably by using a 'switch to download mode' button. selecting any trailer would then download it instead of playing it.

(pike @ mar. 30 2005,16:39 Wrote:also, this is offtopic, but now that you know how to do the xml parsing Wink there's also a musicvideo section on that site Confusedaint:
yeah, i know. should be pretty easy to do once i'm done with this one.
Information 
never thought the day would come, but this thread now belongs in development subforum

thx mouton.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] new gen of AQTbrowser0