• 132(current)
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
(2014-05-23, 20:12)Arse4life Wrote: Pandora has been working great but for some reason it reboots my system (rpi using OE 3.2.4) when a song skips.
I've been having some problems with Pandora. One song would play and then the add-on would stop. There was the occasional skip too. The source of my problem was overclocking. I'm running XBian on a Raspberry Pi. At a CPU speed of 800 MHz, I had Pandora problems. Without overclocking (700 MHz) all is well.

I'm going to track down the source of other errors in my log. When those are fixed I might put some overclocking back in.
Charles
(2014-05-23, 20:31)cmbr Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 20:12)Arse4life Wrote: Pandora has been working great but for some reason it reboots my system (rpi using OE 3.2.4) when a song skips.
I've been having some problems with Pandora. One song would play and then the add-on would stop. There was the occasional skip too. The source of my problem was overclocking. I'm running XBian on a Raspberry Pi. At a CPU speed of 800 MHz, I had Pandora problems. Without overclocking (700 MHz) all is well.

I'm going to track down the source of other errors in my log. When those are fixed I might put some overclocking back in.

I was thinking about OC being a problem. I've had OC @ 950 (high) for months with same SD card and not a glitch. I will try some troubleshooting by decreasing OC, and will test a different sd card with latest Gotham (OE 4.0.2).

Thanks for your feedback!
Music 
(2014-05-19, 01:44)david1569 Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 17:49)Yo Mama Wrote: This is a little greedy, but is there a way to block ads?

I agree with this. I noticed that on my setup the ads can be skipped with the song skip button and all of the ads are 30 seconds long. I wonder if it would be possible to have the app automatically skip any song that is 30 seconds long.

I've got all Pandora ads blocked in web browser using either some kind of browser add-on or through hosts file blocking of the server. Will look into if some of that information can be used to get Pandora in XBMC blocked also.

Some OS/XBMC/Pandora 2.3.2 addon confirmations:
Working with x64 "Windows 8.1 Update" / XBMC 13.1-Beta1
Working with x86 ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS / XBMC 13.1-RC1

EDIT: Sorry, not able to assist further. Using VPN to access Pandora, and DNS servers from OpenDNS.com
Tried 15-20 repeated skips on same Pandora channel. No skip warning, no ads whatsoever.
rivy, thanks for the awesome work!

Having an issue after updating to Gotham and 2.3.2 plugin. Pandora logs me in fine and plays one song, then stops. Never loads another song for that station.

Running on ATV2.

Have restarted XBMC, waited several days, etc. Problem persists.

Any ideas?
(2014-06-06, 23:33)stofie_1020 Wrote: Having an issue after updating to Gotham and 2.3.2 plugin. Pandora logs me in fine and plays one song, then stops. Never loads another song for that station.
Running on ATV2.
Have restarted XBMC, waited several days, etc. Problem persists.

Any ideas?

No ideas really, but seeing kinda similar behaviour on linux ubuntu 12.04.04 LTS x85 also using Gotham 13.1 final (released yesterday).
First song almost always plays ok. Next songs on same station and/or different station triggers the progress graph (seconds of time) to increase speed and no sound can be heard. Tried with both "none/off" an "keep sound device alive=x seconds". Sometimes it works selecting another station and sometimes not.
does skip not work? is their a version that skip works?
I updated the version available at https://github.com/k3oni/script.xbmc.pandora to be Gotham compatible, give it a try.
(2014-06-13, 06:10)k3oni Wrote: I updated the version available at https://github.com/k3oni/script.xbmc.pandora to be Gotham compatible, give it a try.

got it working had to change audio format. which codec sounds the best?

I have one small problem tho. the stop button doesn't "STOP", It skips songs instead. and skip button does nothing
I am using using HDMI-CEC on raspberry pi
(2014-06-13, 10:17)JustinBeaird Wrote: got it working had to change audio format. which codec sounds the best?

I have one small problem tho. the stop button doesn't "STOP", It skips songs instead. and skip button does nothing

Need to use aacplus if you don't have a pandora one account. I'll try to look at the buttons issue tonight and see if i can replicate it.
(2014-06-13, 10:17)JustinBeaird Wrote: I have one small problem tho. the stop button doesn't "STOP", It skips songs instead. and skip button does nothing

I just realized what your issue is, there is no STOP in Pandora, you use Pause and Stop is mapped to Next/Skip in the code.
(2014-06-14, 06:47)k3oni Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 10:17)JustinBeaird Wrote: I have one small problem tho. the stop button doesn't "STOP", It skips songs instead. and skip button does nothing

I just realized what your issue is, there is no STOP in Pandora, you use Pause and Stop is mapped to Next/Skip in the code.

Do you mean This addon doesn't have a stop?
Or is it just maped wrong in addon!?

Because I really need stop in raspberry pi. To free up cpu
What do you use to exit an add on, stop?
Also better open an issue on github as this thread is long enough as it is.
Is anyone outside the US able to login on Pandora in XBMC with Proxy enabled?

All I get in logfile is this:

Code:
12:49:14 T:1416  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:49:14 T:1416  NOTICE: PANDORA: Initializing v1.2.11
12:49:14 T:1416  NOTICE: PANDORA: sys.platform = win32
12:49:15 T:1416  NOTICE: PANDORA: Proxy Enabled
12:49:15 T:1416   ERROR: ERROR:root:fault code: 12 message: An unexpected error occurred
12:49:15 T:1416  NOTICE: .

Proxy support worked fine in earlier versions, but stopped working some time ago.
(2014-06-13, 06:10)k3oni Wrote: I updated the version available at https://github.com/k3oni/script.xbmc.pandora to be Gotham compatible, give it a try.

Working well on my Ubuntu 12.04, Thanks!

BTW, I have chose MP3 codec, it still works.
Get a free month of Pandora One by watching a few ads once a month with Hitbliss. Been doing it for almost a year now.

Spend earned-cash in HitBliss Store
Buy top TV episodes, movie rentals, or a Pandora One™ subscription.

http://www.hitbliss.com/
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon11