• 71(current)
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
atlanta800 Wrote:Super easy fix.

Edit "addons/script.xbmc.pandora/libpandora/pandora.py" and change (on or about line 112) from:
Code:
reqUrl = BASE_URL_LID %( self.rid, self.lid, "getFragment" )
to:
Code:
reqUrl = BASE_URL_LID.replace("https", "http") %( self.rid, self.lid, "getFragment" )

It may be a bit of a hack, but it works fine for me until spbogie makes a fix.

Thanks for the addon spbogie, I love it!

Works! Sweet thank you for the fix/workaround
Confirming this fix works.... Thanks for taking the time to fix this.
turley97 Wrote:johnalanmichael,
What you want to do is use cyberduck (mac) or putty (pc) to ssh into the apple tv. Then, go to the first directory (/). Open "Applications", then "XBMC.frappliance", then "XBMCdata", then "XBMCHome", then "addons", then "script.xbmc.pandora", then "libpandora", then right-click on "pandora.py" and select "edit with -> text edit". Here, you'll be able to change the .py to what it needs to be. Hope this helps, and I understand your frustration. This is my first time dealing with jail breaking, sshing, etc., and and sometimes these "simple" instructions are like reading a foreign language.

I used bitvise and went to this directory on my appleTV 2"(/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons" but that script.xbmc.pandora folder isn't in there. I verified that the add-on is indeed installed correctly? Anywhere else that folder would possibly be? It looks like all the other XBMC stuff is in there though. Kinda strange.
Works great! Thanks!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
mike71 Wrote:I used bitvise and went to this directory on my appleTV 2"(/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons" but that script.xbmc.pandora folder isn't in there. I verified that the add-on is indeed installed correctly? Anywhere else that folder would possibly be? It looks like all the other XBMC stuff is in there though. Kinda strange.

Figured it out, I was looking in the XBMC folders on the ATV2 rather than in the zipped script file. Edited on my computer and transferred it back to the ATV2. Working great now, thanks for the awesome Pandora script.
mike71 Wrote:I used bitvise and went to this directory on my appleTV 2"(/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons" but that script.xbmc.pandora folder isn't in there. I verified that the add-on is indeed installed correctly? Anywhere else that folder would possibly be? It looks like all the other XBMC stuff is in there though. Kinda strange.

On my ATV2, I found mine in..

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/libpandora/pandora.py

For future reference, you could try using the "locate" command. You'd want to update the database first with "updatedb" and then try "locate pandora.py" to find whatever your looking for.
Well, no luck. I took the path you instructed but script.xbmc.pandora isn't there...any other suggestions? maybe it was a different path?
bobey6,
Ahh! there it is! Thank you!
Okay!!! I can confirm this is working now! Just a bit different path...thank you guys for leaving info...I can now listen to Mozart by the fire again...well...I always could but i like it through my aTV, no commercials. Thanks again!!
Now if KaraokePlay would work!! Would be SO much fun over the weekends!

Edit "addons/script.xbmc.pandora/libpandora/pandora.py" and change (on or about line 112) from:
Code:
to:
Code:
reqUrl = BASE_URL_LID.replace("https", "http") %( self.rid, self.lid, "getFragment" )

I see where this is and understand what I need to do but I don't know how to edit the .zip file. I'm no coder and don't know how to do this. Is there a particular program that will let me edit the .zip file or should I be unzipping and then editing?
cb526 Wrote:I see where this is and understand what I need to do but I don't know how to edit the .zip file. I'm no coder and don't know how to do this. Is there a particular program that will let me edit the .zip file or should I be unzipping and then editing?

HI cb562, Not the zip file, but the installed addon. I don't know what OS you're using. My live version installs in a hidden folder ".xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/libpandora/pandora.py".

Search for a folder called addon or addons.

HTH
@atlanta800

If you haven't all ready, create an account on git, clone the xbmc.pandora repo, commit your changes and send spbogie a merge request. That way he will get an email and merge your changes into the main repo so we can all update correctly from git.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Code:
to:
Code:

Great fix!!! Works perfect!
is there anyway to get this script to continue playing in the background so I can exit out of pandora back to xbmc frontrow..
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon11