• 75(current)
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
Crap! Its looking like game over for us.http://6xq.net/blog/2012/api/ :-(
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Shocked

Well guys, it may be time to push that idea from theoretical to actual. I really hope they'll let you.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
I noticed that the script was initially submitting "Now Playing" scrobbles to last.fm, but never completing final scrobbles to last.fm or libre.fm.

After some research and experimentation, I discovered that a simple change to "default.py", adding duration information to the stream items, would enable full scrobbling support. Here is the modification as a git diff:

Code:
diff --git a/default.py b/default.py
index a6997f7..f4fdb42 100644
--- a/default.py
+++ b/default.py
@@ -149,7 +149,9 @@ class Panda:
                                         "artist"       :       s["artistSummary"], \
                                         "album"        :       s["albumTitle"], \
                                         "genre"        :       "".join(s["genre"]), \
+                                        "duration"     :       s["trackLength"], \
                                        }
+                       print "PANDORA: item info = %s" % info
                        item.setInfo( "music", info )
                        items.append( ( s["audioURL"], item ) )

I've cloned the main git repo, pushed the code change, and sent a merge request. Hopefully, the code will be merged into the mainline soon.

NOTE: scrobbles are cached during script execution and then submitted en masse when the script is halted.

Cheers.
spbogie Wrote:Please see http://6xq.net/blog/2012/api/ regarding the issues with certain accounts not working. Pandora is getting more creative in their protection methods. This was going to happen eventually, and I'm just pleased that, at least for now, they have seen fit to still allow us some limited access to the service.

As of right now, I have neither the time nor the desire to implement a way around this protection. Pandora is not a free service. Music licensing is expensive, comes with many restrictions, and they have every right to try and make a profit on top of it.

As I've said before. If you use this script extensively, please consider purchasing a Pandora One subscription, and supporting the great service they provide.

Am I reading that correct to say that we can have a few playlists, but not 'too many'? Does anyone know what the magic number is?
I submitted my response to the google doc questionnaire. I am in 100% agreement, an approved Pandora plugin (ads or not) - if it would enable headache free integration - is my vote.

The categorisation and living play-lists definitely add value - $3/month worth, perhaps.
At this risk of sounding accusatory, people, PLEASE, it is $3/month.

This is BY FAR the best subscription service value available on the internet today. I like it much better than Spotify which costs much more to use on a mobile device.

I have been using the script without issue, except when Pandora makes a change that requires a change to the script. I have a large number of "stations" though I am unsure if this is the same as play lists mentioned earler.

My Apple TV 2 uses this app/script more than any other, including Netflix.

We should all be supporting the service that we clearly love enough to tolerate jailbreaking our ATV2s for and also having to learn about open SSH, cyberduck, etc.

$3/month is NOTHING. What a miniscule price to pay. Nod
So is it still a problem that I can't LIKE songs? Is it something that can't be done at the moment or something?
Sorry I am a n00b and I need someone to point me in the correct direction. I downloaded the files from post #1 in this thread (not sure if they are the most current) and there wasn't any install documentation.

I've read the first 5 pages and last five pages of this thread, but didn't see where I get install information, or even if the script still works.

Forgive me, but if someone could give me a direction on setup i'd appreciate it. I know I didn't read all 113 pages, but i'm obviously just missing a link or something
Nevermind, just downloading it and putting in add ons it is at least showing up. I've got some other issues with win 7 x64 i must address before I find out if I actually got it working
13car Wrote:Nevermind, just downloading it and putting in add ons it is at least showing up. I've got some other issues with win 7 x64 i must address before I find out if I actually got it working

As an aside, the Operating system of your COMPUTER shouldn't matter as long as you are able to SSH into the Apple TV 2. I have installed from Mac OS X and Windows and the only difference is what tool I use to transfer the script files to the ATV2.
Why is Pandora so much louder than the rest of my media? I usually leave the volume at 2/3 thru 5/6ths max for movies and TV shows. I have to turn Pandora down to about 1/8th max to get it to a reasonable level. Is there a way to decrease the volume? I poked around in the .py scripts but didn't see anything obvious.
jyinap Wrote:So is it still a problem that I can't LIKE songs? Is it something that can't be done at the moment or something?

I'd like to know this too. It doesn't seem that 'liking' a song works with the plugin. I verified on the pandora site that it's not working. Is it a limitation of the plugin, the piano bar API, or something else?
I installed the current version today, and it worked for a while, but then the next time I used it the program would load and my stations showed correctly but i couldnt play them. When I select a station just nothing happens. I tried making a new account with fewer stations but it didn't help. Is there a fix to this issue currently?
o tried to instal with zip but wont even install everything else installs but no pandora
LatinLegacy Wrote:o tried to instal with zip but wont even install everything else installs but no pandora

I don't believe you can install this as a zip file as it's a script, you have to extract it to your addons directory.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon11