• 73(current)
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
Skurvy_Pirate Wrote:I am trying version v1.2.10, should have put that in my post.

hmmm, I'm still using the previous version with the fix as described in previous posts. Maybe something is wrong with the current zip. You are trying to run this on AppleTV 2 right? I'm assuming you have entered your email and password? tried re-fetch keys? For me after re-fetch I exited xbmc then restarted lowtide, then go back in to xbmc ...I don't know if it is necessary but maybe try that.
I'm not sure it'll help as I haven't run into the problem yet but did you delete all traces of the old version before installing the new?
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
I am running it on an old Xbox. I deleted everything when I installed. I have my login info in there, but it isn't even getting that far, it is throwing an error before that.

Are you using 1.2.9? The only difference between that and 10 is the fix in this thread.
Skurvy_Pirate Wrote:I am running it on an old Xbox. I deleted everything when I installed. I have my login info in there, but it isn't even getting that far, it is throwing an error before that.

Are you using 1.2.9? The only difference between that and 10 is the fix in this thread.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Xbox root file system. Yeah I'm still running 1.2.9…like I said, maybe it's 1.2.10 that's the problem, I haven't seen anybody say it works yet.
Iam in canada and it works fine 1.2.10,but only if I use Hotspot Shield is there a hard code ip version of this or still region sensitive?Any assistance appreciated.
kobyboy Wrote:Iam in canada and it works fine 1.2.10,but only if I use Hotspot Shield is there a hard code ip version of this or still region sensitive?Any assistance appreciated.
Hi kobiboy! dis you find a hard code ip version ? i suspect this is the reason why it is not working for me, i'm in canada, version 1.2.10 on atv2. but it was working great on version 1.2.9 . might be a hardcoded ip or something.
i was using my xbmc 80% of the time for this pandora plugin.
cheers
No but when running v1.2.9 it was working without the hotspot sheild Weird no anyone out there same issue or a working ver.
johnalanmichael Wrote:hahaha, I'm fully aware of multitasking. But really, what are you going to do in xbmc on the atv2 that you would want Pandora running in the background? Not much……idjjjjjjjjiot!

Have you forgotten that there are MANY users here that do not use an AppleTV? This is an XBMC forum and it is not dedicated to a single device type. Many of us with HTPCs (regarless of type or OS) have the power to multitask and would find the ability to leave Pandora playing in the background quite useful, much as it works with playing music from the Music Library.
kobyboy & jomuji : I live in Canada and use to have no problem with 1.2.9, without a proxy but with a + on the proxy in the setting section, now the only way to get the new version working is to uncheck the proxy in the setting section and set a proxy in the general setting in xbmc. I hope it is going to return the way it was, anyway, it's a amazing plugin ! sorry for my english... it's nor my first lenguage an i hope it can help !
Uhhhhh, yep, well aware that many here are using different devices...thanks for overstating the obvious! LOL! However, i was responding to an individual that I believed was inquiring about Pandora on the aTV 2...why else would I be referring to it in my response? Take the time to read the thread thoroughly or mind your own business! If I misunderstood his inquiry I certainly apologize and should also take the time to read more thoroughly.
After finding editing and replacing the pandora.py file my addon works fine the first time. Logged-in and playing. Subsequent times it gives me a script error. If I shutdown XBMC and go back in to try again, it works, but just one time before failing again. I should add this is on the eden release on the atv2.

Is anyone else having this issue? Thoughts?

Also if I want to uninstall the addon the option is unavailable. If I were to want to remove, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks for any help
Below please see my workaround to the login but no play issue on XBMC addon for pandora.

I created a new Pandora ID and password and inserted them in the settings.xml file in :
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.pandora/

I was able to play music.

I thought it might be the number of channels I have on the other account. So, I deleted a few channels and switched the ID and password back to the old one. Nope still no music.

Could this be something Pandora is doing?
mrdally204 Wrote:Easy fix for Xbox. FTP into your box and get to UserData folder. Create folder called "addon_data". Inside that, make folder called "script.xbmc.pandora"

spbogie, not sure if you can include the creation of these folders in the zip but that will allow Pandora to load and play on the Xbox!

Thanks much for the suggestion with the Xbox. I did as you said and created the foloders under UserData folder. Lo and Behold, Pandora was able to login.

STILL two problems
Skin Smoke: Will not load and quits
Skin Default: Loads but no stations visible on left and remote does not navigate
Skil Alaska: Loads AND stations visible on left BUT remove still does not navigate

Any ideas?
Skurvy_Pirate Wrote:I am running it on an old Xbox. I deleted everything when I installed. I have my login info in there, but it isn't even getting that far, it is throwing an error before that.

As suggested elsewhere, creating "script.xmbc.pandora" folder explicitly under "addons_data" folder under "UserData" folder makes the plugin launch successfully.

However after this I cannot navigate the UI or see my stations listed on the left. So while errors are gone, plugin stil not functional.

Hopefully someone has more inisight. I'm done with hair pulling and am totally bald so at wits end.
First off I'd like to say great job on this add-on. Really appreciate the hard work.

There are a few things holding this back from perfection. First, it seems that the thumbs up/thumbs down feature doesn't actually work. AKA if I press thumbs up, then go to my Pandora profile via the normal website, the song does not show up in my 'liked' songs list for the particular channel.

Also, I have my screensaver set to go to a slideshow, but it seems that it does not activate when the Pandora add-on is active. It only dims the screen (BTW slideshow works for me as a screensaver with my normal music collection).

Finally, there's a little pandora logo that blinks at the top left of the screen when I go to full screen mode. I tried turning off/on 'Pandora Logo (in hidden mode)' in the settings and nothing I do makes it go away.

PS - Any way you could include the old skin as one of the skins options? I like that one the best.

Once again thanks for all your work!
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon11