ION2 system thread
hardware decoding on ION 2 of Divx/Xvid is available in Win XBMC?
Mandarynek Wrote:hardware decoding on ION 2 of Divx/Xvid is available in Win XBMC?

No.

poofyhairguy Wrote:No.

Why? Will be?
Doubtful - and no real need - CPU grunt alone can easily decode DivX/XviD....
PatrickVogeli Wrote:You should better open a new thread, where we can discuss your problems. Last quick note: if you are trying to play a Full HD video file that comes out of a Full HD camcorder, you'll going to have a hard time, since those files don't appear to work well with any hardware acceleration, and are better played with CPU decoding, which our atoms won't do, and may faster processor neither.

We are speaking of very high bitrates and usually they aren't as stantard as they should. Maybe someone has better new than me.

IMPORTANT: I don't know that myself, I write this from the what I've read around, so I may be wrong.

I usually watch FullHD clips recorded with a Canon 5D MkII on my XBMC Live machine (AT5IONT). The first few seconds look crappy, but after a while all video clips start showing perfectly.
And I'm not talking about reproducing the same clip. i.e. if I have a list of 30s clips, mov001 and mov002 will look bad, but mov003 and so on will look perfect. If I then go back to mov001 and 002, they'll look just fine.
This shows it clearly has the power to do it. I just don't understand why it won't work well from the start.
Sorry for the noob question, but which ION2 system works the best for XBMC? I'm trying to figure out if I want to use my existing build as a server and buy an ION2 system to connect to my TV. For the server do I want to stay with Windows 7 x64 or go Linux?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
patseguin Wrote:Sorry for the noob question, but which ION2 system works the best for XBMC? I'm trying to figure out if I want to use my existing build as a server and buy an ION2 system to connect to my TV. For the server do I want to stay with Windows 7 x64 or go Linux?

well.. I have Zotac ID40 (ION2) on Win7_x64. Perfect system. FullHD goes smoothly from NAS..
Cool I think that's the one I ordered. I'm hoping my home built PC will serve nicely as a NAS.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Mke sure you get the id41 not the id40. The id41 has usb3.0 and there both about the same price.
Hmm crap hope I didn't order something bad...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856173024
No thats a different series. I actually have that one. I took back the id 40 to get the id36. Its got usb 3.0, and ddr3 which is cheaper than ddr2 right now. i ordered 2 2gig stick from crucial to max out the ram. sweet set up. Im about to order flirc for an ir reciever.
I got the Zotac ID41 but when using open elec build 1.02 or win7 32bit pro with xbmc beta 3 i get a lot of stutter during playback. It seems to be even worse when playing video with subtitles.

It has got 4gb of ram en 160GB harddisk and i am viewing on a Samsung LED D8000 screen. I can't seem to get the smooth playback eventhough i use the sync playback to display and adjust refresh option to set the tv to 24p etc. I still see a lot of microstutter. Anybody else having this issue with ID41? Disabling sync playback to display and adjust refresh also is giving a lot of stutter playback.
I do seem to have stutter issues with my id41 also. I can watch a TV episode and then when I select another one, it's all stuttery. Most of the time restarting XBMC solves it. Not sure if I need a new driver or if it's just an XBMC thing. I have a Zotac ID36 in my bedroom which exhibits NO stuttering issues though...
patseguin Wrote:I do seem to have stutter issues with my id41 also. I can watch a TV episode and then when I select another one, it's all stuttery. Most of the time restarting XBMC solves it. Not sure if I need a new driver or if it's just an XBMC thing. I have a Zotac ID36 in my bedroom which exhibits NO stuttering issues though...

The weird thing is i thought it was a driver problem with linux so i deleted the openelec installation and installed win 7 with xbmc and latest nvidia drivers but the problem remains even in windows 7. Other weird thing is i installed everything hooked up on my older samsung lcd (with no 24p support etc) tv and didnt see any issues until i hooked it up to my samsung led d8000 and the stutter is very annoying and very visable every 20 - 30 seconds at random places. Then i thought it must be the tv. But i have another htpc with onboard geforce 9400 chip (motherboard Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H ) and windows 7 with xbmc and playback is as smooth as it can get with all the content i throw at it on de samsung led d8000. I wonder if this is an issue with the ION chipset. Rebooting doesnt fix it for me. Really bugs the hell out of me that i cant seem to fix it.

Update:

I seem te have fixed the issue by changing some settings on my LED tv regarding the AMP options. Now the playback is smooth with only some minor stutter during the first 15 to 20 seconds of starting a movie. So it seems to be an issue with my TV although it is weird that my other setup experience no issues at all with previous settings for Auto Motion Plus engine from Samsung.
(2012-02-28, 16:17)distorted1 Wrote: [quote=patseguin]
I seem te have fixed the issue by changing some settings on my LED tv regarding the AMP options. Now the playback is smooth with only some minor stutter during the first 15 to 20 seconds of starting a movie. So it seems to be an issue with my TV although it is weird that my other setup experience no issues at all with previous settings for Auto Motion Plus engine from Samsung.

I have just been given a Samsung es6800 LED tv as a replacement for an older LA46a850 and have started noticing a lot of stuttering on playback.
I have a Acer Revo 3610 running through a Onkyo TX-SR 578 amp and never had any problems.
What settings did you change on the Samsung, hopefully it will help me.
Cheers
Justin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION2 system thread0