ION2 system thread
Are you using win xp??
Yes. Win7_x64 was ok, but there were some slugish issues, hence XP32. I only get 3.1GB/4GB, but it really doesn't matter.
If u want HW acceleration on windows u must use vista/7 or linux. On ion there is no other choice if you are going to watch full hd.
Use Openelec - its great!
Geeba Wrote:Use Openelec - its great!

Its really good and works out of the box if you use the correct image for your system - just a 80Mb download.
nemek Wrote:If u want HW acceleration on windows u must use vista/7 or linux. On ion there is no other choice if you are going to watch full hd.

really? mainly in watcing only dvd .iso files from smb NAS share and there are no problems: everything works beatifully. DirectX's diagnostic shows all accelerations are in use(draw& 3d & agp). h264 is still not usable, but it wasn't either with win7_x64.. Will 3rd party h264 decoders (coreAVC pro?) help in XP32?
win xp have only dxva but xbmc needs dxva2 (vista/7). FYI dvd is not full hd and even very old cpu is able to decode it, thats why it work for you.
nemek Wrote:win xp have only dxva but xbmc needs dxva2 (vista/7). FYI dvd is not full hd and even very old cpu is able to decode it, thats why it work for you.

true... so... Is my HW's ION2 then dxva2 able? Xbmc left that off by default in Win7_64. I tested it by putting in on, but 720p still wasn't fluent... have others using Zotac's ID40 model been able to play fullHD with win7_64?

inothersay: do I really have to switch back to win7?
well, you could try the DSplayer branch, I think that one implements HW accelerated H264 in windows xp...

IMHO, if you don't consider linux, I think you should switch back to windows 7, install the proper drivers from nvidia.com and enable dxva2. If you don't know how, ASK! Lot's of people are running ION machines under Win 7 here.
PatrickVogeli Wrote:.. Lot's of people are running ION machines under Win 7 here.

AS I said, I tested DXVA2 with Win7_64 on Dharma and it did not convinse me. No linux.. no.. So others using ION2 win win7 a able to play fullHD? ...Sad
realjobe Wrote:AS I said, I tested DXVA2 with Win7_64 on Dharma and it did not convinse me. No linux.. no.. So others using ION2 win win7 a able to play fullHD? ...Sad

I am! Asrock ION 3D 152D, win7 x64. No problems at all.
SyphOn Wrote:I am! Asrock ION 3D 152D, win7 x64. No problems at all.

Wha CPU do you have..FullHD? what containers? mkv, mts? DxVA2 enabled?
You should better open a new thread, where we can discuss your problems. Last quick note: if you are trying to play a Full HD video file that comes out of a Full HD camcorder, you'll going to have a hard time, since those files don't appear to work well with any hardware acceleration, and are better played with CPU decoding, which our atoms won't do, and may faster processor neither.

We are speaking of very high bitrates and usually they aren't as stantard as they should. Maybe someone has better new than me.

IMPORTANT: I don't know that myself, I write this from the what I've read around, so I may be wrong.
realjobe Wrote:AS I said, I tested DXVA2 with Win7_64 on Dharma and it did not convinse me. No linux.. no.. So others using ION2 win win7 a able to play fullHD? ...Sad

I have an Ion2 and an Ion system and full 1080 works fine...note that these are compressed mkv files, not the native mts files. I can also stream 1080 youtube as well via Chrome and Flash 10.2.
tboooe Wrote:I have an Ion2 and an Ion system and full 1080 works fine.

Thank you All, this concludes this session. As we speak, u've convinced me:installing win7_x64. .Smile (.mts file will get converted into h264..)

EDIT: WOW! with proper drivers, DxVA2 is enabled and fullHD h264 shows GREAT!
shame that Rapier 3.10 skin does not have settings/video/enable DXva2... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION2 system thread0