Best All Around Media Manager?
Thanks I'll try it also.. Media Companion seems to be a good piece of software.
Hmm
I thought Ember completely replaced XBMC's own database and was meant for geeks that wanted control over the database?

I just use Web Media Manager to view (as in read only) my movies list and tv show list, and to show off when I'm at someone elses place Smile

Now I understand both are trying to do the same and its not just for geeks. I assume Ember doesn't replace the database, its simply an interface that allows to view and edit stuff.

Now I read about Media Companion! didn't even know about that. Since Mediaportal/XBMC I rarely look at my physical files but nice names would be niceSmile
zilexa Wrote:Now I understand both are trying to do the same and its not just for geeks. I assume Ember doesn't replace the database, its simply an interface that allows to view and edit stuff.

Correct, Ember has its own database that then populates the xbmc shares with .nfo,.fanart and .tbn. When you then refresh Xbmc it imports that info into its own internal database for Movies and Tv Shows. In the end XBMC duplicates the data of Ember but each have unique databases.
I actually changed from media companion to ember a few weeks ago. MC would take a while to scrape and ember just worked out of the box.
uncertainty Wrote:Correct, Ember has its own database that then populates the xbmc shares with .nfo,.fanart and .tbn. When you then refresh Xbmc it imports that info into its own internal database for Movies and Tv Shows. In the end XBMC duplicates the data of Ember but each have unique databases.

Ok. Since I don't have multiple Htpc's I do not need 2 databases. So I will try Media Companion, does it also have a web interface? Well I'll find out.

EDIT: Media Companion also has its own database. Really no need for that on one htpc. I was only looking for a method to view my TV-Shows and Movies I have while I am not at home or on my laptop. Just a very nice list. therefore XWMM (Web media manager) is enough, no extra sh*t running on my htpc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best All Around Media Manager?0