XBMC can't handle minor glitches?
Hi all,

I've been using XMBC for a while now and noticed a few problems compared to other players.

Occasionally I get the odd video file with a minor glitch in it (just a frame or two). If I play these videos in Windows Media player or MPC or just about anything, they play the video fine without stopping. Depending on the player it does sometimes distort the picture at those few problem frames.

In XBMC however, it gets to those frames and instantly stops playing the video.

Is there anyway to change this behaviour so that it is more forgiving like other players? Do I need to change the codecs I am using, or will that not effect XMBC?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Hmm am I the only one this happens too? Strange I tried it on multiple pc's.
Man this is an annoying issue, I can't beleive I am the only one this happens too, especially since I have tried it on multiple PC's.

No one else has experienced this??
Need a full debug log.
As above, full debug log needed showing you playing the problematic file and mediainfo dump too would be useful.

xbmc has always recovered on problem files for me - unless they truly were corrupted.
Okay no worries, I have a file where it is 100% reproduceable, will get some logs.
I have similar issues with a lot of my downloaded MKV's. If I play it again and let it continue from where it left of it just carrys on. Quite annoying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC can't handle minor glitches?0