Wide Thumbs in TV Shows (Multiplex OLD)
Star 
Hey guys,

I have been digging around on the forum for a while now, trying different ways of searching for it, also I have been trying to edit the XML files to suit my needs, but I cannot find what I want...

I want to use the MultiplexOLD view for wide icons in the TV-shows folder. At the moment it has either the coverflow (which is nice, but for TV-Shows a bit...ehh...overkill... (My personal opinion)
If I set it to other views, it doesn't center the picture anyway (might be a bug or a feature, I don't know)

So in short, what I would like to know is:

What XML file do I need to edit (and where Tongue ) to get the wide thumbnails? (Preferably a wall of wide thumbnails)

I hope it is clear what I would like, thanks for any help!
MultiplexOld was designed specifically for wide thumbs (landscape is what most refer to them as). In my mod I know that MultiplexOld and Multiwall uses them. They are available when you don't have poster views selected in options. I am sure that Aeon65 is more than likely the same way.

Viewtype_multiplexold.xml is where it is coded in the 720p folder. To create a wall view of landscape icons, you would need to do a lot of adjusting to that view or to viewtype_wall.xml

I hope this helps. I am not sure what you are referring to when you say the pictures aren't centered. Your Aeon version, platform, and a screenshot could help.
Hmm... weird, I am using Aeon65, as far as I know (have been experimenting with a lot of skins lately, so will try and check that this evening)

That poster view option is something I didn't know, so maybe I have turned it on/off by mistake, that is also somethign I will check.

Thank you for the reply!

As for the centered pics, I will get you a screenshot to show what I mean. (the automatically downloaded albumarts does work fine, but when I put a custom thumbnailfile on the folder, that is when it doesn't align properly. (I have some webstreams that I want to be in the wallview)

Will get you that screenshot Smile
Ok, it took me a while, since I was kinda busy with work-related stuff, but I finally got around to taking the screenshots. :p

The skin I use is "Aeon Hitched"

The below screenshot shows the thumbnails not working properly (In this case it still uses the dvd-case thumbs I use for the "showcase" viewsetting, but yuo can see that even then it doesn't have the correct dimensions to support landscape thumbnails:

I tried importing the landscape thumbs, but it doesn't show them properly (If you want a screenshot of that, I will make it for you, but I thought the screenshot here shows what I mean. Wink

==
And in the screenshot below, you can see what I mean with the thumbnails not centering properly, they are too big, and thus not showing up the way they should... If I click them, however, they show just fine..

Thnx for any help!
Hmm... I don't know how I missed the post, but it seems I did... Sorry for the double post then... Confused

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69676

It is about the same problem (but he uses aeon65, I am using Aeon Hitched)

It is said there should be an option "use tv-poster" but I cannot find that, can anybody tell me where it is?

Thanks in advance!
Just so everyone is aware, Aeon was originally meant to use landscape thumbs in all tv show views. Therefore, if your thumbs are stored in a landscape format, they will never look right in any other view other than multiplex. Showcase, Wall, and List are meant for posters. The frames are designed to fit only posters. So your picture of multiplex is trying to put your poster style thumbs into a landscape frame.

I my mod there is a setting under media browsers to use posters for tv shows. What this does is disable all landscape views, so there is no ugly looking frames. You would use this if you have poster format icons stored. The basics of Xbmc is you need to choose one style of thumb. Skins out there have ways of making them all work, but it is not offically supported by XBMC.
Hmm...that is why I couldn't find it, the link seems to be broken for me...

I will download the skin again and will try to get that fixed...

If I press OK while I have that selected, nothing happens...

(Could you point me to a place where I can find only the .xml for that particular menu?) It would save me a complete re-install Wink

Oh, before I forget; Thank you so much for taking the time to enter, and ofcourse for making this great skin... It is the skin I use to show off my mediacenter to friends Wink

** EDIT **

I just got that menu working, but if I turn off the poster view for tv-shows, it still doesn't show the whole wide thumbnail... (it does look better, but the "pictureframe" that shows the thumbnail is too small and (height and width).
Are you using my mod from this link? Just wondering because your screenshots show the pitch black mod on what looks like is Aeon65.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58081

If so make sure you are doing a completely new skin folder for it and not overwriting another version. Do you have posters or landscape icons stored as your folder.jpg? Multiplex landscape version can't scale posters into the frame. They will always be strange looking.
I thought i was, but to be completely certain, i downloaded the 2 files you told me to. Then i merged them (media into the aeon folder). After that i removed (more like moved, but still) the "old" Aeon folder out of the skin directory, then i moved the "new" one in... it still isn't working though, i turned on the setting:

And i set the skin to multiplex:

As you can see, the widethumb i set for "American Dad!" isn't wide, plus the other thumbs aren't centered...

If I turn the setting "off" and then use multiplex, i get this view:

So still the small icons, instead of the wide...

Is it something I did wrong?

I am so sorry to bother you for this, but this is the last step before I have the perfect mediacenter, hehe... Thank you so much for the reply and the time you are taking!
#1. Doesn't look like you have "Landscape" thumbs...you can get them here>http://xbmcstuff.com/ or search the plugin/scripts forum for a script that automates the process.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Heya, thanx for replying.

I do have the landscape thumbs, i just didn't change them all for the screenshot (just American Dad! in this case)

The rest i have manually altered to use the normal "dvd-cases" I think the only thing that I am missing is an XML with the landscape settings and the way to make it work in this skin, then i am home free Smile (I am a n00b at skinning, so maybe I am talking gibberish here)
* ADHDWald walks on by, whistling innocently and kicks the thread up...Rolleyes

Really hoping someone will post the part of the xml i need to change to get it working... I tried digging around in the files, but i cannot find it... I think it is just a measurementproblem of the boxes, but I cannot find what setting I need to change...

Thank you so much for your time!
There is nothing wrong with the code. It is your "manually altered" thumbs. These skins were designed to fit thumbs that have been created properly and placed on websites such as the one mentioned above. They are a certain height and width. If you want posters or banners the use the site below. If you don't like their and want to make your own then at least take one of them and delete the picture and use the blank template so you can see what will show in the skin frame.

You need to choose between landscape or poster as well. Thats why there is a poster & landscape mode.

http://thetvdb.com/
But i actually use that website...Huh

the default scrape from that website is in wide too, i manually searched (and changed) for other thumbs on that website (the poster ones) because if I let it download all the landscapethumbs (and turn off "use movieposters") it doesn't show them correctly...

I even completely re-installed XBMC + the skin and let it rescrape my entire collection, to no avail...No

Ah well, I can live with the poster views, maybe I will find out what it is someday...

I truly thank you for the help so far Big Grin
My one last suggestion would be to delete your userdata folder, manually go to xbmxstuff.com and get the landscape thumbs you want (tvdb does not have landscape, they have poster and banner), put your landscape thumbs in your tv show folders labeled as folder.jpg, and then do a fresh scan of your library.

Is your folder structure like this...

TV SHOWS (root directory)
>TV Show Name
-folder.jpg (this should be your poster, banner, or landscape thumb)
-fanart.jpg

>>Season 1
-folder.jpg
-episode 1.avi
-episode 2.avi

I always find it best to take the time and pick out your own fanart and thumbs for tv shows and then save them manually. Once you have your library scanned in the way that you like it, I suggest exporting it so it is always that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wide Thumbs in TV Shows (Multiplex OLD)0