Large collection, quick find?
So i searched the forum a bit, i might have missed it.

Wich skin (there are a ton of good looking ones out there, nice work) is easy to go through your collection?

Sometimes i add a movie, it start with the letter "L" for instance, so i go to movies and i want to quickly find it, but i have to scroll through the first bunch of movies to finally get there.

On the iphone for instance you got a list from a-z on the side for quick jumping to letters.

Is it me, or am i just overlooking this feature on some of the skins? (maybe a shortcut i am missing?)

Especially when you get a screen with big fanart on the back which leaves only a spot for say 5 titles on the screen, then scrolling takes ages. (i would think there is a page up/down option to go quicker, but that still does not show quickly in what letter you are at that moment)

Thanks for any help, and sorry if its already out there. The forum is pretty big after all (well except for the last lightning strike Smile )

Eric
If you use a remote you can use the default mappings for the numbers buttons, setup like a phone. 2 is abc, 3 is def.... so if you want to get to the movies that start with 'e', hit the 3 button twice.
Most skins also have this sidebar similar to what you found on your iphone app. Just try to go left or down (depending on skin) and you should be able to scroll quicker.
i did try with a few skins to go to the sides but no luck so far..

i should also try the numbers like fox says, have to check if thats turned on. Have a default remote with the asrock 330, want to change that to my pronto at some point so i can take any buttons then ofcourse.

This is only for when i dont use my iphone, since the remote thats on the iphone is really good Smile but i am not always around ofcourse.
If your specifically talking about new movies added why not just go to recently added ?

You can also use smart playlists to go to movies starting with any letter then just add it to favourites, I was bored so gave it a go and uploaded it if you want it

You can either add just the playlist entry to favourites or add the full list of movies by letter so favourites then contains a list, Movies - A, Movies - B, Movies - C, etc , I've added both so you can try either

Just stick the files in the corresponding folders

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a1rh29
Yes that could work too, but mostly if i want to quick find a title, i would like to browse first by letter. Holding down the key for down and a big letter would popup if you hold it longer then xx seconds so you move through the collection more quickly would be a nice sollution. I thought maybe something like that was allready out there in one of the skins.
snelvuur Wrote:Yes that could work too, but mostly if i want to quick find a title, i would like to browse first by letter. Holding down the key for down and a big letter would popup if you hold it longer then xx seconds so you move through the collection more quickly would be a nice sollution. I thought maybe something like that was allready out there in one of the skins.

Which skin are you using because most already do that ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large collection, quick find?0