steve1977 Wrote:Brilliant, thanks a lot!!! Worked out very well. Just a couple of (new) questions. Your help is appreciated:
1) What should the right location for the skin? I now have /home/user/xbmc folder, but also /home/user/xbmc/xbmc, /home/user/.xbmc, and /usr/share/xbmc.
2) Is the "add-on" folder now the right one to copy the skins to? Any naming convention?
3) Any idea where plugins go with the latest built?
Thanks for your help!!!
it depends on what version of xbmc and transparency! you are using.
if you run the latest available of both (post add-on merge) this is how it should be:
1) on linux, the right location for skins is /home/user/.xbmc/addons
2) there's no "official" naming convention, but skin.transparency is what you should be using.
3) plugins should also be installed in the same directory. (/home/user/.xbmc/addons)
but...since you explicitly asked for T! svn r260 i assume you are running a pre-addon version of xbmc.
if that's the case the above doesn't apply.